Which RB speakers to pair with a Panasonic digital amp for PC use?

bondheli

My old stereo setup was a Panasonic SA-BX500 digital amp and bi-wired B&W 601 speakers. I moved into a new place and I need a smaller setup for use when computing. I picked up a pair of Audioengine A2 powered speakers but the sound is muddy in comparison. The clarity and crystal clear sound floor of my old setup spoiled me.

I'm thinking I want to go with an SA-XR25 or 50 amp optically connected from my PC, and some some smaller Klipsch RB series speakers, like an RB-10 or RB-15. This will be my only stereo in the apartment, but it doesn't need to be big and booming because the room is quite small. Size is also a concern. Does anyone have any speaker recomendations?

Have you looked at this NAD? Nothing but very enthusiastic praise from the pro reviewers. I am very intrigued by this thing.

http://nadelectronics.com/products/digital-music/D-3020-Hybrid-Digital-Amplifier#heading-reviews

Maybe grab a pair of RB-61's, RB-61II's, or the Reference III version RB-25's. None are real small but no where near the size of their bigger brothers.

Bill

Edited by willland

Bill RB-61's are HUGE for desktop speakers. I would stay with the RB-41 or 51 and maybe add a sub. I am currently using the icon WB-14's and I love them for music. I prefer their laid back sound over the reference bookshelves with music. But I've owned a pair of RB-51's before and they are great little speakers. I've heard the RB-41ii once in a store and wasn't too impressed. You should be able to get new RB-51's for around 300$

Bill RB-61's are HUGE for desktop speakers.

Yeah I know. I just wanted to help prevent the upgrade bug from biting. My initial thought was the RB-51/RB-15 but they are rear ported. Then I thought with them being rear ported, bass extension if placed close to wall may be a little better.

Okay, RB-51 or RB-15 with small sub would be better.

Bill