Cornwall fronts

captmobley

OK, here's the deal. I have an opportunity to obtain a pair of Cornwall 1's for a very reasonable price. I currently have my Klipschorns switched through a Niles switch as fronts for my home theatre and also for my reference 2 channel system. I was thinking about buying the Cornwalls and placing them directly in front of my Klipschorns, using them as fronts for my home theatre, and leaving the Khorns just as 2 channel. Can I get away with having the Cornwalls butting up to the Khorns? Am I totally insane? I don't need deep bass from the Cornwalls for HT as I have a SVS sub.

Ideas?

I could eliminate the switch, have a shorter run from amp to speakers on my 2 channel system. Because I have it just about as good as I can get it, so it's time to change something!

you have it just about as good as you can get it ..which means it's time to change? :rolleyes: how are your speaker wires shorter if the khorns are staying put and you're just placing cornwalls in front?

If adding substantial speaker footprint and potential reflection issues to the khorns off the top of your cornwall is worth eliminating a switch, go for it. it seems like you want a pair of cornwalls (or the sirens call of a good deal) and need some sort of external justification. we've all been there, but your logic just seems skewed considering what you already have.

i don't see a problem with it. try it and let us all know how it sounds. do a blind listening test and see if you can tell which ones are playing. i have compared cornwalls and heresys in the same room but never k-horns and cornwalls.

Edited by Budman