A couple of RF 7II, RC 64II Questions

cdub5

I've used a Yamaha prior to the Pioneer. I definitely prefer the Pioneer. I'm not savvy enough to truly describe what my issue is with the klipsch musically. When you read reviews, people describe it as they feel like they are at a live show. If they closed their eyes, they would believe the performers were in their living room. Wide sound stage, lots of depth, etc. That's what i would love to get, I just don't with the 82's. Maybe it's equipment, or set up, or source. Recently I was at a magnolia (not one inside BB) with my father testing stereo amps for him. We first tried Sonus Faber, as well as bowers & wilkins, Just to test the amps. My dad hated both (he is a big fan and long time owner of Ohm speakers). I didn't hate both, but it was my first time hearing the Sonus, but literally after 5 seconds of hearing them my dad said I don't like those at all, and the rep turned them off. Then to the Bowers. Honestly, never been that impressed with them. Maybe their HIGH end stuff is amazing with lots of juice, but they always seem underwhelming. We then had him put on the Martin Logan ESL's. I've heard these before, and they were nice in the past. VERY directional, but crisp, clear "bright", not exactly like Klipsch, but similar, to my unprofessional ears. For some reason this time, even with the Logans being "directional", they really filled the room with very nice sound. We were all surprised, to the point where my dad bought a pair. Granted they were running off a peachtree tube integrated stereo amp, which probably helped a lot. Not saying I want the logans, because I feel Klipsch is better with home theater, but these logans were almost twice the price of my 82's. That's what sent me on this hunt to hear/see the RF 7's. I know price doesn't always mean much, but I was intrigued. I really wanted to hear the logans on the $4500 McIntosh amp they had, but like most of the equipment there it wasn't working properly for some reason. That's the long short of it. Hope I made sense. Comes down to wanting that room filling sound, where I feel the music envelop me, as if it's live, instead of feeling like it's just sort of "yelling" at me. Again, I do enjoy them with home theater.

Have you messed with your eq? Try a smiley face eq and see how that sounds

It may be ur setup/eq and equipment when I had my 83 with my pio elite sc55 musically they sounded nice but not as good as if I were there at a live show after some tinkering and adding a separate amp they sounded much better. I wouldn't give up on the 82 s just yet. Might r a ***** in ur chain of gear that needs attention possibly.

Edited by MichaelandKlipsch