Will RF-7's match with RC-3II

mlb585

I'm pretty sure my bud wants $1000 for them. Just not sure now if I can swing that plus the rc-64 or rc-7 (whichever I can get to brace/fit in my unit). But, I see this purchase as one of my last speaker upgrades for quite a while...at least I have to tell myself that.

If you can only swing the RF 7's for now, that is OK. The key is to start somewhere and build. I have demo speakers costing up to 100 grand and the main difference is the use of exotic wood finishes, multiple xo arrays and other things. After the demo, I felt great owning the RF 7's because they sound just as good. They may have sounded slight different, but not 10k or 20k dollars difference IMHO.

Edited by derrickdj1

But, I see this purchase as one of my last speaker upgrades for quite a while...at least I have to tell myself that.

Famous last words....

Fwiw, I haven't felt the need to upgrade after getting the speakers in my signature. B) That said, I thought after extensive research and auditioning that my original Klipsch Synergy Home Theater speakers would be the last I would purchase. :lol:

EDIT:

If you can only swing the RF 7's for now, that is OK. The key is to start somewhere and build. I have demo speakers costing up to 100 grand and the main difference is the use of exotic wood finishes, multiple xo arrays and other things. After the demo, I felt great owning the RF 7's because they sound just as good. They may have sounded slight different, but not 10k or 20k dollars difference IMHO.

Yep.

Edited by tkdamerica

Bad news guys, my "friend" decided he is not going to sell his RF-7's...he decided to back out of a deal for buying some martin logans so I am SOL!! Well, it looks like I have to start looking on here and ebay, audiogon, etc. to see if I can find a nice set. I'm really bummed about it but I guess this happened for a reason...so....is anyone interested in selling their RF-7's??

Thanks for looking stuff up for me youthman! I live in south florida (pembroke pines area). I've actually never bought anything from craig's list before. Those look like nice ones...just not sure about the shipping and if the boxes are still available. I also saw that there is a nice set of RF-83's close to me...but I think i'm steering more towards the RF-7 and RF-7II.

• Moderators

You are quite welcome. Honestly, I would not even attempt to ship RF-7's unless they have original boxes and you ship via Freight. Just too risky to ship via Fedex or UPS.

GREAT NEWS! You live in Florida!!! Seriously, there are some insane deals to be had in Florida due to the poor economy. Myself as well as many others here have been the recipient of some amazing deals.

These were the last set of speakers I picked up last October from Craigslist for $2000 for the entire set. I posted about it in the Complete RF-7ii System Purchase (Best Deal of My Life).

You need to begin to watch CL daily cause deals like that are gone within a day, often within an hour or even minutes.

Complete-Klipsch-RF-7-II-System-Sm.jpg

The majority of what I own has been obtained from some incredible deals found on CL.

Check out www.searchtempest.com to help you search nationwide.

Have you heard the RF-83's? They are amazing speakers as well. They are smoother and more refined than the RF-7 and RF-83. You can check out my RF-7 vs RF-7ii vs RF-83 Comparison Thread for my thoughts between the three speakers as well as several photos showing the size comparison.

I have owned many Klipsch speakers over the years (KLF-30, Chorus II, Forte II, CF-2, CF-4, RF-3, RF-5) and I ended up keeping the RF-83's and the RF-7's. If the RF-83's are close, go give them a demo. At least then you can say you have heard them and will know if you like their sound. If you are looking for a brighter sounding speaker, the RF-7ii is brighter and the RF-7 is the brightest out of the 3.

Edited by Youthman