Parts Express Shipping Charges

johnnydrama

First and foremost I want to make it clear that I'm not here to blast Parts Express. I think it's a great company with some great offerings, especially for guys like us. However I placed an order yesterday and had a somewhat disappointing experience. I ordered $385 worth of stuff, and all over there website it clearly states any order over $98 is free shipping. Every step of the transaction it said free shipping: in my shopping cart, when I was transferred to PayPal, and then when I was transferred back to the Parts Express portal. On the very last step of the transaction, where I click place order, there was a shipping charge added of $19.95. Making my total $405. On the top of that page it even said "this order is eligible for free shipping". Thinking it was a mistake I just placed the order, but sure enough on the receipt I was charged $405 and not $385.

So long story short I contacted customer service and was told these items were heavy and there was an "upcharge" for shipping. I told them that that explanation should have been given at some point during my transaction process and not just applied during the last step of my transaction. My problem isn't with the additional $20, it's with how misleading the entire transaction was. I snapped some screen shots so you can see what I'm talking about. After going back and digging for 5-10 minutes I finally found somewhere on their website that states there might be additional shipping charges for items that are heavy. But even where I finally found that bullet point it says FREE SHIPPING! everywhere.

Just a head's up for anyone who cares. Not like I won't ever buy anything from them again, but next time I guess I will be more aware.

post-51058-0-52220000-1390397917_thumb.p

post-51058-0-88540000-1390397924_thumb.p

post-51058-0-79500000-1390398039_thumb.p