Looking at SVS PC12 Plus with forte II

John Chi-town

I am considering this sub, and was hoping that perhaps a forum member has/or has had this sub in the past? Preferably matched to a forte/chorus speakers.

I like the cylindrical design, but am concerned how it will perform vs. a traditional box sub. Also wondering if the PC13 Ultra is worth the additional $500.00 or not?

Thanks in advance.

John

i have dualing pc12-Ultras and i love them. I am a fan of downfiring designs for most situations. I know bass is omnidirectional but i find that the downfiring designs helps keep even room response no matter where you put it. The top firing port also helps this. The only thing you worry about is how far or close to the wall it goes. They put out a lot of bass. Is your application just 2 channel?

I like my box designs too but went with cylinders for smaller footprint and cost as they were cheaper.

Edited by SuBXeRo

I am considering this sub, and was hoping that perhaps a forum member has/or has had this sub in the past? Preferably matched to a forte/chorus speakers.

I like the cylindrical design, but am concerned how it will perform vs. a traditional box sub. Also wondering if the PC13 Ultra is worth the additional $500.00 or not?

Thanks in advance.

John

I own two +s and an ultra. Both are great subs. Paying more for a better sub is hard to say if it's worth it. I got a great deal on my ultra and I probably would have never got one for 2k. I do think its worth it but it's more than I'm willing to spend on one sub ( I paid around 1500 when they had clearance).

If your only going to buy one sub then get the best one your budget buys. The PC and the PB are really close. The box PB has a little more output down low being a little bigger. If you like the look of the PC I would get that. Good way to save some money. The PB have a nice real wood veneer on both the + and ultra.