Speaker ID please...

Schu

I was watching Gravity one last time in my local iMax theater before it goes away forever, and I have always been curious as to what model Klipsch These are???

I've tried many times to get decent pictures of them but never could, they are about 4 feet tall and the woofers look to be at least 15"... maybe 18". they hang way up along the ceiling of the theater and appear to be Cornwall like in appearance with a full size tractix... king of like a cornscala.

12443951155_4e28de8320_c.jpg

12444434024_fe5749e5b8_c.jpg

High res 1

High res 2

anyway... superb sound, best I have ever heard. warm and extremely detailed unlike real 3Dequiped theaters which are really thin sounding and overly beamy.

Edited by Schu

The smaller speakers are KPT-200's. The big ones don't really look like Klipsch speakers. In comparing them with the ceiling tiles above which are 24" X 48", I would say they are about that size. The woofer looks like 18's if you look at it like the frame is about 3" from the edge of a 24" wide cabinet and the radius of the cone would be 9". The proportions or 9" to 3". If it were a 15, the frame would be almost 5" away from the edge of the cabinet. The radius of the cone would be 7.5". The proportions would be 7.5" to 5".

So what speaker is 3 way slot ported, 4' tall, 2' wide, has an 18" woofer, and traxis squaker and tweeters? Also, who would want to sit under that behemoth? :)

I also thought the same thing that it was round. Ya know i can only compare it between the jbl with the aray of the 3 speakers or a cerwin vega model with the slot such as it has. Im taking a liking to some cerwin models although would not imagine cerwins hanging on an imax ceiling in a city made of money. I wonder if they are actually jbl and they are specifically pro/theater. another thought i believe the jbl we have looked at was a 15 and this model may have an 18. man that thing looks just like that jbl

• Like 3