Suggestions on AVR to match new setup

timdog5000

i'm having problems with the one i bought a couple of weeks ago shutting off and giving me a blinking red light. supposedly it can sometimes be related to poor speaker connections. so...i put banana clips on just about every connection in the system. the few that I didn't use a banana plug i made sure that there were no wires touching. i'm fairly confident that this isn't the problem. perhaps there's a wire cut in the walls but i really doubt it.

is there any way to test the connections to determine if this might be the case? i'll be calling denon shortly to see what the next steps are.

BTW, i'm NOT using banana plugs in the back of my speakers (all klipsch). should i be using them? could that make a difference?

I'm fairly new myself but I know I have had my Yammy shut off with the blinking red light and it was because I tried to put too much power to my speakers and it didn't have anything left to give. someone else may be able to chime in. as far as banana plugs I know they're good for quick connect and disconnect but I don't know that there is a benefit for sound quality.

Banana plugs are for convience wire plugging in the amp or speakers. I have used banana plugs for around 48 hours in my life. They don't improve SQ or take away SQ. An amp can shut down if ran to hard, bad current flow detected, heat and other causes.

Timdog, you have some nice subs for HT. They definitely should be used to their full potential. Those are the best bass producers in your system hands down!

Edited by derrickdj1