Question for Moondog owners

I have a question regarding the amps? Does Ron Welborne make a tube

cage for the Moondogs. I know you are thinking heresy, You want to cover up a beautiful amp with a tube cage. Well here is my dilemma, I own 3 cats who spend 80% of their time inside. My stereo equipment is in a oak entertainment center 6 foot tall x 60" wide x 16-1/2" deep. It is open on both sides & has 8 compartments of various sizes. I have the Moondogs in the top center & left compartment. It is 56-1/2" off the ground. The compartments are 18-1/2"w x 14"h x

16-1/2" deep. My cats do get on top of the entertainment center. I don't know if they would ever mess with the amps or not. But I am concerned. I don't want a fried amp or cat. Stevie Ray my male Siamese would be the most likely candidate to pull a stunt. If Ron Welborne does not have anything, does anybody have any suggestions as to something I could fabricate and look good. How much high voltage does the Moondog put out. I am apprehensive about leaving the Moondogs on 24 hours x 7 because of this. I don't want any of my little buddies to get hurt or killed and have a fried amp or amps too. My outside cat one eyed Jack does not like the stereo, it sometimes freaks him out. I adopted Jack back in October, he is blind in one eye.

He was abused and living underneath

a storage shed in my backyard. I remember seeing him when his eye was a bloody mess. He was scared shitless of humans. A little regular food, water & some love won him over very fast. Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards, Mike

------------------

This message has been edited by LonestarBlues on 07-13-2002 at 02:16 AM

Mike,

I have a 14 month old yellow Lab. I built a Flexy Rack that I put all my equipment on. My amps are on the lowest shelf. When I powered up my Wrights for the first time she tried to sniff them out, but the 2A3's were putting off so much heat she has never gone near them again. Before I put the amps on the shelve she chewed both corners. Ever since I put the amps on it she hasn't gone near it.

I had to order the Flatlanders CD. The place I get my CD's from sold the last one they had yesterday. I have a couple Jimmie Dale Cd's.

Danny

Dont worry about it... I know plenty with cats, including myself, and they dont mess with it, at least more than once! heh..... I seriously would not worry about it. Never been a problem and I dont have a cage on any of my tube amps.

kh

ps - Danny, I owe you an email.

This message has been edited by mobile homeless on 07-12-2002 at 04:20 PM

Not to Worry Amigo!!

When my wife first saw my AQ1003DT tube amp replete with 4 12AX7's and 4 EL34's in the dealer's showroom --- and lacking a tube cage she said -- You know how curious our girls are!! What if one of them sticks her nose against a tube??

I looked at her and said --- Just Once My Dear.. JUST ONCE!

Fortunately in the year we have had that amp the issue has never surfaced as far as I am aware.

AKA .. I really doubt that any of your Kitties will be so unfortunate as to sniff a tube and certainly not more than once!

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)