"Real" meaning of ohm rating relative to receiver and other spkrs?

JiminSTL

Hello, again—experts and people with opinions, too!

Have another question--regarding the meaning and impact of amplifier power in a sub, and as part of a system.

Specifically (as shown in my profile), my current HT system consists of a Pioneer Elite SC-35 receiver, Klipsch KLF-30 L/R, KLF-20 surrounds, a KV-4 center, and a Synergy Sub-10. Am looking to improve the bass performance, so am looking at a used Elemental Designs A5-350 Subwoofer, if I am able to get it at a good price.

So, all my speakers are 8 ohm presently. Evidently, the A5-350 is 4 ohm. I do not wish to stress my receiver. The Specs identify the receiver as: “Consumes 330W, continuous average power output of watts 140, min., at 8 ohms . . . .”

What do you think about the 8 ohm or 4 ohm thing? Would I be creating a "problem", or have some sort of mismatch?

Thank you again for your contributions, and I look forward to all of them!

Thanks for the obviously correct answers! Why I did not think of it myself . . . . Oh, well, what is it they say that cannot be fixed?

Evidently, the specs and performance of that sub are very satisfying to users. A thought I have, given the fact that the manufacturer is no longer in business, is if/when a woofer or board go out, would I be likely to find an aesthetically pleasing and technically matched replacement on the aftermarket for the dysfunctional part? Or, is it likely that I would be better off ($-wise) starting over with another sub or NEW sub?

If anything were to go out, it would be the amp. The drivers are pretty stout and the amps and box tune cater specifically to them. Finding a replacement amp wouldn't be hard but finding one that exact same size might prove a challenge. You might google around and see if anyone is having issues with that particular sub. If not, used is a pretty good bang for your buck option.