Two RC-62s ?

Ghost

Just curious if anyone has run two RC-62s side by side ?

Just curious as i can usually buy a new pre version ii for $250 during Black Friday. I was considering this as an option to buying an RC-64ii.

Is there a big difference between the previous version and the new one ?

Comb filtering artifacts can be reduced or eliminated by running the dual centers in parallel with one another. Keep in kind this will drop the ohm load presented to the amplifier. If the amp can handle a 4 ohm or less at particular frequencies you should be able to pull it off.

Ideally though you want two of the exact same center. Getting them in the same area will be tricky unless you go above and below the TV.

Im currently running an Axiom audio setup but used to have an RC-62 and RF-82s. Long story short is that the store sold me used speakers as new ones. One of the 82's also had a blown tweeter.

Future Shop seems to sell these at half price during Black Friday.

I loved the immersion the Klipsch provided with movies. Its yet to be beaten by any other setup ive heard.

Ideally id like to get an RC-64 and RF7/82 setup if we move.

Boom! When you say ideally what you want, it makes it easier for else to guide you. Don't settle. Buy what you want. If you have to wait for used or good deals then so be it. But get the rf-7ii and rc-64ii if that is what you want. Otherwise your just wasting money like the rest of us have over the years. There is gonna be a new reference series this year hopefully so the rf-7ii set will be "last years model" and should start to be found more used as well as clearance prices. So I'd say be patient and get what you really want. Just cause two rc-62's have the same amount of woofers I can assure you they aren't the same drivers. And they REALLY aren't the same high frequency driver. That's where the huge difference is bet weeny the 62 and 64.

• Like 2

Just curious if anyone has run two RC-62s side by side ?

Just curious as i can usually buy a new pre version ii for $250 during Black Friday. I was considering this as an option to buying an RC-64ii.

Is there a big difference between the previous version and the new one ?

I'm looking for an RC-62. Where should I look for the $250 deal?