I heard two Sunfires yesterday!

fire pinch

PinceFeu,

Most subs are measured at 1 meter,this way they have a better fighting chance to get max SPL and impress buyers.In some cases output may be as high few meters away with corner gain,in my tiny room all the Sunfires produce HUGE output near the rear wall(1.5m behind the listening couch),from 20-35Hz I get a huge boost.

And like TV from SVS said its just an old gramma myth the small room = no true deep bass.In fact its biggo BS coated with lies and witchcraft.

Tell me how come when using a good set of headphones you can hear deep bass(below 30Hz).The headphones are less then two inches away for the eardrum.And with ear canal headpones you should in "theory" not hear any bass and you can.So the small room = no true deep bass is a fat pile of BS.

My two rooms with audio gear are quite small and yet I can feela and hear sub 20Hz bass,solid.My subs are very clean so its not harmonics,real subs here no pretenders.

TueAbeille(KillerBee)has a good point too,how come bass in cars dives low and loud.The car interior is tiny.There is in fact a BIG FAT bass gain when you reach down.

Remember the larger the space the more air you have to move to reach the same output.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Damn, im so sorry. I think that I was biased by a seller LOL! Well, this is true that a 20 Hz wave is very long... at least I wasnt wrong for that! I know that cuz I learned that at school during some physics courses.

I cant explain however why the VTF-3 seems to be louder in my living room (in DEEP BASS <40 Hz) which is larger than my small bedroom. I dont know when I will measure all that. I hope that I will do that this week-end or next week. But...

I remember the day I had the sub. It didnt surprise me too much. But now, it seems that it begin to be more powerfull than before. Because I passed my "brake-in" period? I was surprised when I played a techno song yesterday during the morning. When I looked to my monitor screen, all the windows desktop vibrated (start menu, folder, you know what I mean)... my vision was like affected. If I remember, the first day I had it, that feeling wasnt there. Well, I remember for sure that I had the impression that my Paradigm PS-1000 was the only one which was able to blur a bit my vision!!! I begin to be really happy of my VTF-3!!! Biggrin.gif

This message has been edited by fire pinch on 07-19-2002 at 01:27 AM

You dont need TO SHOUT tueabeille! Im sure that this is a placement problem. Im just skeptical about getting other dBs below 40 Hz just by placing it elsewhere in my bedroom. Because now, the sub is already in a corner BUT it is elevated on a big desk. You think that putting the sub at the same place but on the floor can really change the situation so I will be able to shake the windows? Hummm... I did the same thing with other subwoofers and it didnt change so much the bass and often in those cases, I got the same bass. I have so much things in that small bedroom! Im space limited. I will try to get the VTF-3 on the floor someday but Im affraid that it will be more powerfull in deep bass again in my living room.

ANYWAY, im satisfied now (not completely... as always!). So I dont cry! Biggrin.gif