In wall Klipsch speakers

A1UC

THX is nice stuff and if you want to splurge, go for it! I think you can get away with the reference gear and be happy and it might help you wallet a bit. Give mike a call at acoustic sound design, thats who i used to get my in-ceilings and was actually one of the few purchases where i bought klipsch brand new. I would also get the biggest you can get from the get go. When you cut drywall, you can go bigger but these are decent size holes to patch if you change your mind.

Also, along with the wiring, you can also you nice indoor wire raceways to give a professional look. For your front stage, i would try and drop wires down the wall to some wall mounted binding posts with an electrical box behind it and then run wires through a raceway along the floor or molding or behind the molding and floor depending on the floor or under the carpet. Running wires laterally through the wall is hard because you would have to drill the studs which would involve removing drywall and patching. I suggest the binding post at the wall because once you run wires architecturally, you want to rerun them as least as possible and this give a really professional termination.

In my first home which I built I put 1 x 8 clear boards running horizontal around the living room. I left them clear with some kind of sealer that allowed you to see the wood. The important thing is that one could cut a groove in the board which would allow you to run wires between the board and wall, horizontal around the room. I have electrical outlets in the wood I put in and it does look nice. YMMV

John