Chorus ii

jagger59

Bob

Watch Ebay. Do a lookup on auctions that have ended. I would guess $700 to $1000 for the pair. If you are use to the Chorus sound, I don't think you will be happy with anything smaller than a set of Heresys or Fortes.

Keep them if you can.... I kept my Khorns when I moved into an appartment.

If you must get rid of them - You may find somebody on the board here who would be looking for a swap or buy them from you.

JM

What sort of finish is there on the Chorus II?

I have a pair of Quartets in walnut in very good condition with the boxes. I'd swap and give you some cash on top, naturally.

The Quartets have the same tratrix midrange and a similar tweeter. You'd pretty much be getting the little brother in the family.

Gil

Jagger:

It may not be what you want to hear, but I just got a really nice pair of Chorus II's for $480. I thought that was a darn good price, compared to what I have seen in the past. They are the black ash finish, and hardly a scratch on them. No stains, chips or gouges. Grills are perfect.

From a sellers standpoint, you always want to hear that something you are selling can go for more than what you thought. Mine could have been a fluke, as I think that the $600-800 range is more common.

Just my .02

Jobman

------------------

Cornwalls (borrowed from Jazman - THANKS)

Chorus II's

Wright Sound 3.5 - 2A3 Monoblocks

Wright WPL-20 PreAmp

Jolida 602A CD

Thorens TD-165

Silverline Speaker Cables

Various Monster Interconnects.

Forte II's

Jobman, and anyone else,

I think that $480 for a pair of Chorus IIs is VERY low. That seems to be the low end for what a good pair of Forte IIs are going for. Believe me, I have been doing a lot of shopping over the past few months.

Anyways, great score!!Cool.gif

I just recently picked up a pair of Forte IIs. I love them.

-ScottWavey.gif

------------------

BobG modified Forte II's

KG-4 Surrounds

RC-3 Center

DIY Sub based on Adire Audio Shiva Woofer

Sony DB830

SSeymore:

I am interested in what your "BobB Modified" Forte II's are?

I also bought a pair of Forte II's at the same time as the Chours II's, and the Fortes cost $510, $30 more than the Chorus II's. They are Walnut, and have a glass water stain on top that I will work on getting out this weekend.

Jobman

------------------

Cornwalls (borrowed from Jazman - THANKS)

Chorus II's

Wright Sound 3.5 - 2A3 Monoblocks

Wright WPL-20 PreAmp

Jolida 602A CD

Thorens TD-165

Silverline Speaker Cables

Various Monster Interconnects.

Forte II's

The tweeter driver was upgraded with the Chorus tweeter driver, the cabinet was internally braced, the horns and woofer wer damped with mortite and the internal wiring was upgraded to Audioquest speaker cables. whew. So, they have the high end of the Chorus and the extended low end of the Forte. They sound very nice.

-Scott

------------------

BobG modified Forte II's

KG-4 Surrounds

RC-3 Center

DIY Sub based on Adire Audio Shiva Woofer

Sony DB830

Jobman-

$480??? That's an incredible price!! You scored big on that pair. One for the hall of fame for sure.

jagger-

Yes, do tell what the finish on yours are. Pics would also be helpful as to determining a price. But Job is right, Chorus IIs in good condition can go from $600-$800 on average.

SS-

Wow, that's a cool pair of hot rod Fortes. I'd love to hear them up against a "stock" pair of Fortes and Chorus's to see. Sounds like you have quite the special item there.