RF-7 II ( Suggestions for Amps)

vinnie86

Hi guys...

Just finalized the RF-7 II (7.1) for our Home theatre , the RF-62 II (5.1) for the Den and the Gallery G28 for the bedroom.

I am very confused with regard to the amplifiers which need to be paired with them.

I have been suggested the following.. Please guide as to what should be bought..

For the RF-7 II...

1. Marantz MM -8077 (Amplifier)

2. Marantz AV-8801 (Processor)

For the RF-62 II

1. Marantz SR-5008.

For the G-28

1. Denon x-2000

I do not know whether the speakers will be under powered or over with the suggested amps..

Require your help and expertise..

Thanks...

Vinnie86,

Welcome to the forum.

It looks like the Marantz AV8801 pre/pro suggestion for the RF-7II setup is a winner. Now for the multichannel amp, I think you can do much better for the price. Now if you must have aesthetically matching gear, the MM8077 is the route you should go. Take a look at the following bench test for the MM8077. I am not implying that the MM8077 is not a quality amp, but you can find better(honest wattage) for less $$$.

http://www.soundandvision.com/content/marantz-av8801-surround-processor-amp-mm8077-amplifier-ht-labs-measures

If you are willing to explore the used market, look into the Parasound 5250, B&K Reference 200.5 or 7250, Emotiva XPA-5, Anthem MCA-50 or MCA-5, Sherbourn, and a few other quality amps coming in under the $1500.00 mark.

Your choices for your other setups look pretty good.

Bill

Edited by willland

If you are willing to explore the used market, look into the Parasound 5250, B&K Reference 200.5 or 7250, Emotiva XPA-5, Anthem MCA-50 or MCA-5, Sherbourn, and a few other quality amps coming in under the $1500.

Remember the OP is looking for 7 channels.

Check out the Outlaw Audio 7125; might be a good choice.

If you are willing to explore the used market, look into the Parasound 5250, B&K Reference 200.5 or 7250, Emotiva XPA-5, Anthem MCA-50 or MCA-5, Sherbourn, and a few other quality amps coming in under the $1500.

Remember the OP is looking for 7 channels.

Check out the Outlaw Audio 7125; might be a good choice.

outlaw would be a good choice or if you even wanted to step up a bit

More if you have the space you could do an emotiva xpa-2/5. Then your rf-7ii would have a stereo monster amp for music.

You bought a lot of nice speakers. I hope you got a smoking deal on them. If you payed full retail for them you could have prolly saved more than enough to buy a couple amps had you bought them from somewhere like acoustic sound design.

i heart my outlaw 7125 and it has 0 issues blasting my 7's to ear splitting levels. If you really want to get fancy you can get their monoblocks and add them to the 7's for the low end OR just buy a model 7200 and get 200 watts per channel. Honestly though, the 125 watts a channel does fantastic for both movies and music.