My new Cornscalawall 600hz/4000hz crossovers

justinsweber

Guest David H

OK after ½ mile walk to a meeting and some reflection. I will be keeping the K401 unless a Fastlaneaudio la Scala horns drop from the sky. I’ve heard them and a truly worthwhile upgrade but this is a garage/PA rig. If I were upgrading a Stock La Scala ALK cornscalawal crossover would be the absolute1st thing… That way I could dial my sound in. Dave’s HF horn and new driver would be next and followed by a new mid horn. I would then cut the tophat off… shorten it and have some cool LS monsters. Perhaps it’s upgrade-it is, or realization that sound great now… but I will call it good unless someone will do the work for me, (so not happening).

Dave any desire to install your mid and HF horns and cut my top-hats down?... I supsect it will be silence I hear from now on. :-)

As an aside. the D250X HD is a pretty incredible driver. Im not sure if Dave us using it with his Radial horn but it is a sweet driver regardless of price... the price is just the bonus.

They usually drop out of a ups truck.

Or thrown.

Dave

Guest David H
I hate to cut the hole and have it look like a hack job.

With a router and 1/4 inch fush bit, it is fairly simple to get a nice finish.

I think Dave includes a jig... all you need then is a router for a clean opening for the horn

Correct.

Dave

The Top-hat consists of the tweeter (Eminence APT-200)

hmmm... the tweeter looks like an APT-150, which is what I am using on the top of my LaScalas (physically aligned with the K55)

I'm sure the K401 will be fine. I would love a pair of Dave's horns too, but my K400s are working for me.

Bruce