trade kpisch gear for autobody painter time

Guest " "

I'm on the fence on an upgrade for my truck. have an f-250 and want to add a dually fender kit. Also adding a hi truck bed cap. All of which will need to be painted to match.

I been down the paint it your self road and while its doable, basically a deep investment in location setup and location prep. Paint is only 78 bucks.

So pondering doing it myself, going to a Maco or other fast food paint shop, or perhaps finding a painter.

Anyone interested in getting involed shoot me a PM. Have some klipsch gear that could be on the table, but can also pay cash.

NYC area

Edited by speakerfritz

man iv been certified in about every brand autopaint made but may come outta retirement i read it he is going kaput with klipsch and it came out kpisch so il paint his topper for his khorns. finally got to one of these goood deals intime

ah yes...obbie one....it is written the best deals on clist and epay are found by those who search miss spellings of brand names....search epay for tube testor instead of tube tester, amplifer , amplifir, instead of amplifier, etc, etc, etc.

Sometimes I forget where I am, am I on clist, epay, forum, etc.

so does anyone have facilities to paint. I know how to auto paint, but do not want to go thru the hassle of setting my garage as a clean room, or pitching a car port tent as a clean room, etc.

Edited by speakerfritz

In my area you can sometimes talk BOCES (the school district's occupational ed program) into allowing you to use their facility. Currently they are painting my father-in-law's truck. They do this without cost as a part of the training for their students. At least in Ithaca, they do very good work. The problem is they are slow.

Ive done some painting in the past, a few trucks, couple of bikes, I used to like doing it but those days are behind me now, It is nearly Impossible to keep everything out of the paint, and depending on how particular someone is matching paint can be a real PITA

How old is your truck ? If its anything over 5 or so years there will be some fade which makes the paint match very hard. Most people i know will advocate painting the whole truck, doing the fender flares will almost force you to paint the whole bed, and painting the cap is about like paint the cab

78.00 sounds awfully cheap for the paint, are you including the thinner and the hardener in that price, Then there is the question of are you going single stage ot 2 stage (hell now days they have 3 and up stage paints as i understand it

I am not 100 percent on this but i Believe almost every vehicle has been at least 2 stage since the 90's. Then there is that nasty old EPA to worry with HVLP made orange peel almost a necessity ( I still see new cars today that have orange peel in the paint

Good luck with the project. Cost will depend HIGHLY on what you want the end project to look like

gone are the days where I would take a paint project down to the auto craftshop on the base to have what ever was needed done for like 1.25 an hour to rent the booth or bay.

You know it -_-

Uncle sam has his hands or NOSE in everything we do today. And all it takes is one person to complain about what you are doing. Next thing you know the DOGS are at your HEELS looking for some $$$$$$$$$$

I had a neighbor sometime back (they built a 400,000.00 house in a farm community where the highest house was 200,000.00) She called the cops everytime my atv was started (it was on a private drive, which =private property), The cops came out I know 10 times but of course could not do anything and said they had no choice they had to come out even though they knew it was :pwk_bs: , She actually went to the court and called it harassment and the female judge gave me a court order stating I could not ride my atv on private property. Then the state passed a law stating ATV's ridden within 350 yards of anyones property could not be above 85db at anytime. I sold all my ATV's Thankfully the neighbor finally moved

We spoke with other judges who told us the order was not legal and if we appealed it they would over turn it, but i figured its not worth the hassle or the $$$ to hire a lawyer, since she moved and it was only a 6 month order

Welcome to the new AMERICA :angry:

yes..the epa (or DEP in NYC) will probally come out and say I can't spray paint within 500 yards of a school, church, residence, or place of business.

Then there's the if you do work for me and I pay you more than 200 bucks, you need a contractors license to deliver your product or service and someone on your team has to have a sales agent license to be able to write up the work order.

heaven help you if you park your commercial vehicle in my residentual neighborhood

and wheres your dumpster for hard tash since you can't put commerical buy products in residentual trash bins.

and if you do bring in a dumpster, make sure you put the dumpster wheels on blocks of wood since metal wheels are not allowed to touch public asphalt.

yada, yada, yada