$550 Klipsch Horn speakers, well sort of...

Sancho Panza

• 2 months later...

... well sort of?

OK, they are cosmetically challenged, and I have them now in my speaker refinishing work space.

There was a lot of interest on ebay for them, the problem for the seller (Roland) was that given his location in Louisiana there was the issue of transporting them for a reasonable cost.

One fellow who had arrangements before me drove down from Pennsylvania with a small trailer and got within about 80 miles of the sellers location but turned back due to a heavy storm in the region, which was a shame for him, but gave me an opportunity to work it out finally.

As the photos show, the passive crossovers need help, but I do not use passive crossovers.

The drivers are all in great shape, and the construction is/was excellent.

Comparing them to the one genuine Klipsch 1956 K-horn bass bin that I own, they are identical in every way that matters.

So yes, "well sort of" is a slight and condescending comment. They are not brand new $9,0000.00 Klipschorns, but for $550, they were a great bargain and well worth the cost and cosmetic repair work they will require.