Help with identifying this 15in sub

I've contacted the support@klipsch.com to no avail and should have know that the forums is where i should have asked first.

Here is the email i sent them:

I am the current owner of a 15in Klipsch subwoofer that started its life in the early 90’s in a mobile audio

company I worked for. We used it at everything from rave parties to school dances.

After a few years it was then used in a home audio setting of a friend that also worked for the mobile audio company.

It was then sold to another friend who discarded the factory box in exchange for a windowed box he could display/fit in his car.

He then sold it to my brother who put it in his own car, but it never sounded right in an 1981 RX7.

I am now the current owner and I would like to place it back in a box with the same ports and dimensions as it came with when it was new.

The purpose will be for a home audio installation. Raves and school dances are long past me.

I’m hoping I can find some more information on its original enclosure.

My memory tells me that it was a square, with 4 tubular ports on the front panel that extended internally almost to the back.

There is a partial label on the magnet with what looks to be the number 67-91130163 G2

Above that is 15677 4ohm

There is also the numbers 451555 1

and 4 91

printed on the outside of the cone.

I’ve attached the photos that I’ve taken of these numbers, I hope that you can help.

Digging through some forum posts here tells me it's most likely a K-1548 that was in a enclosure similar to the KI-115 assembly.

n1lmSJh.jpg

PePr1tJ.jpg

8vEfYWR.jpg

D8AwTVa.jpg

EdviUKw.jpg

I'm was looking to pair this with something similar to this amp https://www.parts-express.com/bash-500s-digital-subwoofer-plate-amplifier-500w-rms--300-752 but i'm hardly knowledgeable in this dept.

I'm looking to construct a enclosure that is as close to what it cam with originally as possible.

Thank Y'all

See link...

http://www.eminence.com/support/faq/

from Eminence...

The Eminence speaker that I have is not on the website. What's its model

number?
If you don't see your speaker listed on our website, then it is one that we

"custom-made". Until January 2000 when we debuted our own "Genuine

Eminence" distribution line, Eminence Speaker only made custom designed

speakers for companies who loaded them in cabinets or sold them as "raw"

drivers. We don't assign model numbers to custom speakers. All of our OEM

speakers are identified by their spec number. We attach a small label to either

the side of the magnet or the inside one of the basket arms with our spec

number and manufacturing/date code on it. The spec number will begin with

the size of the speaker (i.e. for a 10" it would be 101123). The

manufacturing/date code number is as follows:

EIA# for ESC Year Week Serial # Metal Group
67 -01 12A 0217 G1

The "67" tells you that the speaker was built by Eminence, the "01" indicates

that the speaker was built in 2001, and the "12" means it was built the 12th

week of the year.

How can I tell how old my speaker is?
We attach a small label to either the side of the magnet or on the inside arm of

the basket with our spec number and manufacturing/date code on it. The spec

number will begin with the size of the speaker (i.e. for a 10" it would be

101123). The manufacturing/date code number is as follows:

EIA# for ESC Year Week Serial # Metal Group
67 -01 12A 0217 G1

I've contacted the support@klipsch.com to no avail and should have know that the forums is where i should have asked first.

Thats too bad. They should have been able to spot that immediately. I too contacted Klipsch a few months back with the good people in Hope on a set of replacement networks. They then directed me to the Indy outfit where they said I would have to go through. I talked to a gentleman that was knowledgable on exactly what I needed. He said to give him 3 days or so to get the info and prices out to me. Never heard back from him, email or phone. Pretty disappointing coming from a company that produces a product we all can't do without.

From the impression i got from their "hip" website layout, they would be cool with helping me out.

It's been only a few days but i thought at least a "Thanks for contacting us..." automated reply

would be encouraging.

I'll keep researching but the I guess the 2 questions i have now are:

Would it be at home in the dimensions of the KI-115 box

http://images.klipsch.com/ki115_635042123763020000.pdf

And which crossover would be suitable?

I remember that there was a passive crossover in the original enclosure

I found some schematics on here of various crossovers.

I emailed Eminence about 15677 years ago and was told it is the K-48-E woofer with Fs 42 hz, qt.35, vas 166 liters, 97udb 1w/1m and 4 ohm impedance. Was used in the Chorus II I was told. Pierre Toutant of Toutant Electrics sold these (when he passed away his daughters sold these cheap like $10each!) Hope this helps.