Circuit (household) Monitor

USNRET

Around here GFCI required for bathrooms, kitchens, and outdoors.

Guess it's different here. Of course, mine wasn't a GFCI receptacle. It was a breaker. Of note, I had a licensed electrician do the work and was assured it was up to code.

Both are legal as long as GFCI protected.

And GFCI is not idiot proof. You got one life. Spend it wisely!

I have found nothing is idiot proof.

It's only a little 110v, a little shock treatment will not hurt most around here, it's just makes you pay attention a little more. :blink:

Know of a guy tried to commit suicide. Wired up a timer to 110v, one hand, and I don't know where he placed the other wire. Then he went to sleep. But when you look close you see he has 3 fingers and a thumb on one hand..

Unsuccessful attempt. 110v might not kill ya, but then again?

:blink::wacko:

Edited by Taz

• Moderators

Oh it can kill you if just right but usually just makes you think you need to pay a little more attention. No big deal had plenty little accidents like that and I'm perfectly normal ! :wacko2:

• Moderators

The point was that they replaced a GFCI breaker with a normal breaker.

GFIC breakers are usually (depending on size) much more expensive than GFIC outlets but sometime easier to install. One GFIC outlet can replace any of the outlets on a circuit and it covers all other outlets/receptacles on that circuit, just as the GFIC breaker does.

• Like 1

The point was that they replaced a GFCI breaker with a normal breaker.

GFIC breakers are usually (depending on size) much more expensive than GFIC outlets but sometime easier to install. One GFIC outlet can replace any of the outlets on a circuit and it covers all other outlets/receptacles on that circuit, just as the GFIC breaker does.

Agreed. And when they are 220 of higher amperage even more so, I'm off point again