Affordable Putty Pads

NBPK402

I have been using Hilti Putty Pads for our Home Theater build and they are around $5 each. I needed a few more so i went to my local Electrical Supply House where they sell the Hilti fire rated ones (what I have been using), and the Acoustical ones... The Acoustical ones are $.99 each! Wish I would have known this earlier as I bought 20 of the Hilti ones previously. I was told there is no need for the fire rated ones even though that is what most people get. These are grey, and appear to be identical other than the fire rating mix. I had just looked this morning at the Acoustical ones on line and they were over $3 each... So this was still a better deal plus I picked it up today. :)

I looked at the receipt and they were 91 cents each... We used them and they work fine. The only difference was they don't appear to have the mass and of course they are not fire rated, but for over $4 difference in price they are a steal IMO.