Parts Express Excellent Customer Service

DizRotus

Eric in service and the rest of the Parts Express Customer Service team are excellent.

The back story. This forum's CECAA850 started a thread (https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/138019-25hz-tapped-horn/) about a very cool 25Hz DIY tapped horn sub he saw on the AVS forum. I ordered and built a pair. While the DIY flat packs were in transit, I set about selecting a power source.

After exchanging emails with Mike, the sub's designer, I purchased a pair of used, and now discontinued, Dayton SA240W plate amps; one from eBay and one from a member at AudioKarma forum. Pursuant to the recommendation of Mike, I replaced a pair of resistors in each amp before I as much as plugged them in.

One modified amp was a complete success. The other identically modified amp was not so good. The output was diminished compared to the other and it would send ominous thuds through the subs sporadically.

I contacted Parts Express to inquire about a possible repair. A pleasant person advised me to box it up and send it to Eric's attention. I sent it off with a note that described the amp's history, modification and symptoms. I asked Eric to assess whether it could be repaired, as well as whether it made financial sense to repair it. Eric was given complete discretion to do with the amp as he saw fit if he felt repairs were impossible or impractical.

Today I received an email reporting a successful repair for the mere cost pf $13.14 (the return shipping cost). How many companies would do that? Most would immediately react to receiving a modified and nonworking product with revulsion. Parts Express, which caters to DIY, did no such thing.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 2

The amp arrived today, one day ahead of schedule. It looks and works like new.

I'll go out of my way to do business with Parts Express in the future. Companies that cater to DIY audio enthusiasts and provide excellent customer service have earned my business. I'll pay a little more for something I might find for less elsewhere, if it increase the likelihood they'll continue to prosper to provide great products and service in the future.

I try to do the same with neighborhood hardware stores, but, unfortunately, they're a dying breed. Pity the day when the only brick & mortar sources for that hard to find bit of hardware are Lowe's, Home Depot, Menard's or the like.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1