Icon mounting help

A1UC

I am going to mount 2 Icon XL-12's one on each side of my 100" screen

My questions is the only way it would look decent is if I put them so they are next to middle of the border on the side , problem is the screen is 35" off the floor then add 26-27" so the center of the Icon will be around 60" plus

Question being is this going to be a problem

Edited by A1UC

I am going to mount 2 Icon XL-12's one on each side of my 100" screen

My questions is the only way it would look decent is if I put them so they are next to middle of the border on the side , problem is the screen is 35" off the floor then add 26-27" so the center of the Icon will be around 60" plus

Question being is this going to be a problem

How far is your main seating position from screen?

If it is 8ft or less, maybe some slight issues, more than that you should be fine. It is obvious you are not trying to blow anyone out of their seat with a huge wall of sound. :P:D

Bill

• Like 1

You could cut two holes and put speaker terminals on the wall.

When we built the house I had every wall even the inner walls insulated and plastic ran they are a ***** , it will only take 2 " of painted then channel to go from the side speakers to the screen .

I had to drill 4 holes in the bracket for the center to get it mounted to a stud - well it only needed 2 holes but

I think I drank to many beers and put them on the right when they needed to be on the left

Edited by A1UC

Looking at wireless HDMI

Someone needs to come up with wireless banana plugs, one pair to transmit(receiver/amplifier) and one pair to receive(speaker).

Bill

I heard the HDMI wireless works good if you spend about 200.00 and it would be worth it to me , as for the power outlet I had to take down the ceiling fan which was straight inline with the projector so I'm going to fish a wire in the ceiling 5 ft and put an outlet by the projector

Looking at wireless HDMI

Someone needs to come up with wireless banana plugs, one pair to transmit(receiver/amplifier) and one pair to receive(speaker).

Bill

I heard the HDMI wireless works good if you spend about 200.00 and it would be worth it to me , as for the power outlet I had to take down the ceiling fan which was straight inline with the projector so I'm going to fish a wire in the ceiling 5 ft and put an outlet by the projector

I have read that also. The wireless i bought was cheap.

Your braver than me at 3.5 stars. I try to only buy stuff 4+. Hope it works out great. Maybe one stars from people who have no clue how to actually use them. Let's hope that's the case

Edited by Scrappydue

Your braver than me at 3.5 stars. I try to only buy stuff 4+. Hope it works out great. Maybe one stars from people who have no clue how to actually use them. Let's hope that's the case

Works awesome easy setup , I can fly through the Cable ch with no lag - 1080P from Blu Ray