New Heresy's

Sprags

Everything I have is for sale for the right price.

When I negotiated my first labor contract, I was probably about 25. I started the negotiations with a long-winded speech about the financial struggles of the company, how we were all working towards the same goals, and a lot of other crap that I thought would set the proper tone for bargaining. The president of the union was a very experienced, very good union official. He listened politely and when I finished he closed his notebook, looked across the table at me and said, "Listen kid - there is only one fact that is important. That fact is that we are all whores and the only reason we are here is to haggle over the price." With that, he and his whole committee got up and left the room. I never forgot that lesson.

So Claude - what is your price?

Only two kinds of people in the world. Those who want horn bass and those who don't. LOL.

Those who love horn bass & those who don't know any better sounds more appropriate. :P

I thought you would say 'those who want them and those that haven't heard them yet'

• 4 weeks later...

As much as I really want to check out some speakers from CL I ended up working OT and that extra time has given me the opportunity to follow this forum. I now see that the tube amp I have, a VTA ST-120, may actually be too much for Heresy's. It seems that I may want a speaker that is a little less efficient. Thoughts and opinions? Thank you.

H3's and the Latino St-120 are a fantastic combo.

You can go too bright with your tube selection with the H3's.

People seem to love running cleartops in the Latino amps, but they were way too bright (for me) with the H3's. I settled on plain jane NOS 12au7 Mullard.

Edited by jmazillo

I'd like the larger Klipsch speakers but....I'm limited by space. I've heard older Heresy's...not sure which ones but now that I've been educated about the different generations I'll be sure to make a note of it. I'm going back to Simply Stereo tomorrow to listen to the ones they have setup.

remember that you need to get your mid horn to centre on your seated ear level for best detail stage and image. If you take a set of KLF20 that is close so id a Forte ll and if you stack two Heresy vertically it is about perfect. The point is two stacked Heresy is the almost the same volume as the other to speakers are and almost the identical area of floor space.So going taller is of benefit and it tales up no more real estate in your home. Best regards Moray James.