1st step: admitting you have a problem

Cosmic_surfer

I can't believe you guys actually keep track! I have sold and bought so many speakers and gear that I lost count. My first buy for resale is when I should have stopped. A mint pair of Cornwall Decorator and a mint pair of JBL 4333a. Total was $1600. I should have stopped there. I already had a pair of walnut Belles in the living room. I still regret selling those JBL's....

Dude, I have a spreadsheet with acquisition dates, serial numbers, specs, cost, repairs/updates, est sale price, date sold etc.... sorted by speaker line. When I moved to this house I had a pair of CW and RC7, a couple pairs KSB1.1 in the gallery... I had to build a separate building for the 'collection'. (which differs from hoarding by some fine line that I've not been able to establish..).

• Like 2

Only when the spare bedroom was so full of gear we couldn't invite friends to stay over anymore my wife asked me if it "wouldn't be a good idea to make some room there" .

So I did and put shelves on the wall to make more room for stacking more gear.

While carrying the La Scala's into the livingroom, I promissed my wife that "these were gonna be the bigest speakers I'd drag into the house".

A few years later the University Classics prooved me to be a liar.

After listening to a very impressive demo of a pair of Khorns at a friend's house, my wife looked at my smiling face and said "don't even think about it" ....

Three weeks back I bought a pair of K-C-FB Khorns , which I promissed to store at my work [but had to put them in the living first to try them out].

Still happily married..... my secret is to play the music she likes, pour her a cup of tea and put it on the table next to the sweet-spot.

After listening for a while with her eyes closed she is ready for my next project.... ;)

Don't we all have " the bug" ?

Nico

Edited by nico boom

• Moderators
Dude, I have a spreadsheet with acquisition dates, serial numbers, specs, cost, repairs/updates, est sale price, date sold etc.... sorted by speaker line.

You are way to organized, remembering them all makes the problem seem worse, look at the bright side you got a new building out of it.

• Moderators
Still happily married..... my secret is to play the music she likes, pour her a cup of tea and put it on the table next to the sweet-spot. After listening for a while with her eyes closed she is ready for my next project.... Don't we all have " the bug" ? Nico

Very smart, way to work the system but be careful she will probably figure it out sooner or later.

If you notice she starts dancing around for you on occasion in new shoes and clothes to your surprise she has figured out your system, if she does it in just shoes the next thing will probably not be cheap.

Still happily married..... my secret is to play the music she likes, pour her a cup of tea and put it on the table next to the sweet-spot. After listening for a while with her eyes closed she is ready for my next project.... Don't we all have " the bug" ? Nico

Very smart, way to work the system but be careful she will probably figure it out sooner or later.

If you notice she starts dancing around for you on occasion in new shoes and clothes to your surprise she has figured out your system, if she does it in just shoes the next thing will probably not be cheap.

Haha! Sounds like you've been there already.....

• Like 1