1st step: admitting you have a problem

Cosmic_surfer

So let's see how deep i am

-Late march - initial purchase of rf-7 7.1 setup (matched set)

-April 14th - purchase of 2 rsx-4 speakers from ebay to start outfitting upstairs.

-Mothers day - found a 5.1 set of rsx-3 and rcx-3 on craigslist with a velodyne 8" sub and an rw-10 (non functioning).

-yesterday - won a set of 5 rsx-4 speakers on the bay for a best offer of $185 (original asking 300) shipped.

-in the works - single rsx-5 speaker from forum member (hopefully more to follow)

3 months... 3!!!!

• Like 2

-Mothers day - found a 5.1 set of rsx-3 and rcx-3 on craigslist with a velodyne 8" sub and an rw-10 (non functioning). -yesterday - won a set of 5 rsx-4 speakers on the bay for a best offer of $185 (original asking 300) shipped. -in the works - single rsx-5 speaker from forum member (hopefully more to follow)

Is it safe to say you like the RSX speakers? :lol:

I love mine too.

Bill

So let's see how deep i am

-Late march - initial purchase of rf-7 7.1 setup (matched set)

-April 14th - purchase of 2 rsx-4 speakers from ebay to start outfitting upstairs.

-Mothers day - found a 5.1 set of rsx-3 and rcx-3 on craigslist with a velodyne 8" sub and an rw-10 (non functioning).

-yesterday - won a set of 5 rsx-4 speakers on the bay for a best offer of $185 (original asking 300) shipped.

-in the works - single rsx-5 speaker from forum member (hopefully more to follow)

3 months... 3!!!!

Rest assured, you really don't have a problem, im flipping scalas that I thought id never part with, until this morning when I came across a set up that equals or surpasses an MCM set up. we shall se what the wife thinks in a few hours, if it's the same reaction iv had in the past, it will go down like this,

Hey babe how-a-bout a road trip this weekend ? she will state, who gets the speakers this time ?.......good wife.

• Like 3

Eh... Mine will throw a fit and not talk to me. But who will have the last laugh when every room in the house is outfitted with element reference level speakers! HaHa! In all seriousness, i do plan to outfit every bedroom with them... Maybe do a house wide ambient music...

• Like 1

i·ro·ny1
ˈīrənē,ˈiərnē/
noun
  1. the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
    "“Don't go overboard with the gratitude,” he rejoined with heavy irony"
    synonyms: sarcasm, causticity, cynicism, mockery, satire, sardonicism More
    • a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result.
      plural noun: ironies
      "the irony is that I thought he could help me"
      synonyms: paradox, incongruity, incongruousness More
    • a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions are clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character.
      adjective: dramatic

• Moderators

It always helps to look at someone who has it worse than you... ;)

Oct 2013 - Purchased Cherry RF-7 for a 2ch setup

Oct 2013 - Purchased (4) RF-7ii, (4) RS-62, (2) RB-81ii & RC-64ii

Oct 2013 - Sold Cherry RF-7 and kept the RF-7ii for my 2ch setup

Oct 2013 - Sold (1) pair of RF-7ii to WakeJunkie since I didn't have room for 2 pair

Oct 2013 - Sold RB-81ii's to local guy since I did not have a use for them

Oct 2013 - Bartered for a Sherbourn 72100a (200 x 7) amp

Nov 2013 - Sold Parasound HCA2205a (220 x 5) amp to forum member since Sherbourn had 2 extra channels and sounded just as good as the Parasound

Jan 2014 - Bought B&K 200.5 to see how it compared to the Sherbourn.

Feb 2014 - Purchased (2) RT-10d since I've never heard them and they rarely come up for sale and I wanted to see if they sounded better than my RSW-15

Feb 2014 - Sold B&K 200.5 since it sounded just as good as the Sherbourn but the Sherbourn had 2 extra channels.

Apr 2014 - Sold (2) RT-10d to Willland (as I preferred my RSW-15)

Apr 2014 - Bought (2) LaScalas simply to see how they sound in my own home

May 2014 - Liked the LaScalas so much, I bought a 3rd one.

May 2014 - Enjoyed the LaScalas enough to part ways with my RF-83 / RC-64

May 2014 - Because of the LaScalas, I'm now making plans to rebuild my entire false wall to fit the LaScalas, upgrading to an Acoustic Transparent Screen to put the LaScalas behind, while I'm upgrading to a DIY AT Screen, I figured I might as well go bigger so I'm upgrading from a 103" to a 150" screen. I started considering upgrading my sub to either a Horn sub or an IB sub but have decided things are moving a bit fast and I need to slow down long enough to breathe.

Feel better about yourself now? :lol:

It always helps to look at someone who has it worse than you... ;)

Oct 2013 - Purchased Cherry RF-7 for a 2ch setup

Oct 2013 - Purchased (4) RF-7ii, (4) RS-62, (2) RB-81ii & RC-64ii

Oct 2013 - Sold Cherry RF-7 and kept the RF-7ii for my 2ch setup

Oct 2013 - Sold (1) pair of RF-7ii to WakeJunkie since I didn't have room for 2 pair

Oct 2013 - Sold RB-81ii's to local guy since I did not have a use for them

Oct 2013 - Bartered for a Sherbourn 72100a (200 x 7) amp

Nov 2013 - Sold Parasound HCA2205a (220 x 5) amp to forum member since Sherbourn had 2 extra channels and sounded just as good as the Parasound

Jan 2014 - Bought B&K 200.5 to see how it compared to the Sherbourn.

Feb 2014 - Purchased (2) RT-10d since I've never heard them and they rarely come up for sale and I wanted to see if they sounded better than my RSW-15

Feb 2014 - Sold B&K 200.5 since it sounded just as good as the Sherbourn but the Sherbourn had 2 extra channels.

Apr 2014 - Sold (2) RT-10d to Willland (as I preferred my RSW-15)

Apr 2014 - Bought (2) LaScalas simply to see how they sound in my own home

May 2014 - Liked the LaScalas so much, I bought a 3rd one.

May 2014 - Enjoyed the LaScalas enough to part ways with my RF-83 / RC-64

May 2014 - Because of the LaScalas, I'm now making plans to rebuild my entire false wall to fit the LaScalas, upgrading to an Acoustic Transparent Screen to put the LaScalas behind, while I'm upgrading to a DIY AT Screen, I figured I might as well go bigger so I'm upgrading from a 103" to a 150" screen. I started considering upgrading my sub to either a Horn sub or an IB sub but have decided things are moving a bit fast and I need to slow down long enough to breathe.

Feel better about yourself now? :lol:

Youth thanks you saved me the trouble of making my list. To the op you have only just begun :o

Edited by reference_head
  • Like 1

I feel once in a wile I need to bring this up:

I ask the wife a few years back if she like listing to tunes on the PC, I could enhance that just a tad, built her system first, simple DAC, tube preamp, and a couple nice looking imported mono blocks, finished off with the set of Chorus.

At this point in time she now has her own Khorns, she enjoys coming out to the cave and really cranking a tune now and then, but her system spoiled her,

she learned good sound, and she cannot blame me for the chasing after great speaker finds.....again, spoil the wife, the rest gets easier......

HA!!

2007: rf-82, Rc-52, rs-42, rsw-10d LOVED THEM!!!!!

2012:Discovered this place....... :blink:

in two years have went from that setup to rf-63 home theater then to thx ultra 2 home theater, and now i hope i am done at the cinema line.

along them lines these were also purchased: RF-42ii, 52, 62. RC-42ii, 52, 62, 64. RS-41ii, 52, 62. RB- 51, 61. Heresy, Cornwall, icon Wf-35, WC-24, WS-24, WB-14. RSX-3, RCX-4. Icon KF-28, KC-25, KB-15, KS-14

Subs has been a shorter journey to bliss. rsw-10d single to 3 of them then to dual SVS pb-13 ultras. from there tried the thx ultra 2 subs. and then after that am now at the quad 18's.

have also had svs sb-12nsd, bic pl-200, velodyne vx-11, klipsch rt-10d, and have settled on more diy. anarchy tapped horn subs.

feel free to tally that all up. but has happened all in two years. and that is just the speaker side of things. dont make me start going into electronics that have been bought and sold along that time either. LOL

and i am still married...lol

Edited by Scrappydue
  • Like 1

You think you have a problem?

February 1, 2014 - BOSE 901, 20 year old CD player and a 7.1 AV Integrated amp.

June 5, 2014 - See signature line and add 1 pair LaScalas

AA (Audioholics Anonymous) rejected me as a lost cause.

• Like 2

• Moderators

BTW, there is no known cure for the disease that we all share....why do you think we spend so much time in the forums......because this community are the only ones that truly understand our struggles, our temptations and our demons. Gotta run......my Craigslist app just went off on my phone. :lol:

• Like 5

BTW, there is no known cure for the disease that we all share....why do you think we spend so much time in the forums......because this community are the only ones that truly understand our struggles, our temptations and our demons. Gotta run......my Craigslist app just went off on my phone. :lol:

Best post to help with his greef, funny, I cant seem to find that "Problem Sloved" button anywhere........

Best post to help with his greef, funny, I cant seem to find that "Problem Sloved" button anywhere........

The "problem solved" button is commonly known as "Buy it Now"

• Like 3

LMFAO, Excellent, had a good dose of that myself this morning, todays tally $2200 and a 1000 mile drive ahead of me.

LMFAO, Excellent, had a good dose of that myself this morning, todays tally $2200 and a 1000 mile drive ahead of me.

I am soooo jealous!