LaScala Grills

eth2

Sancho,

I saw your picture and that is why I asked about grills. I finished with the LaScalas. They look OK, but they would never win an award. I stained the sides and tops with dark Walnut and left the fronts Birch. They have four coats of poly. As I intend to use them in the garage or outdoors they will be fine. Bob should get my crossovers and tweeters tomorrow, so hopefully they will be up and running by the 21st.

TG on the back label from the factory stood for Top Grill. if you ordered them that way from klipsch they added the moulding and the grill.

my first set of 79's i added the moulding and bought some factory cane grills for them

Edited by Budman
  • Like 1

MIne ***appear*** to have Factory Top Grills, but no TG markings, maybe what appears to me as 70 is TG with bad penmanship?

$20 Dealer Cost, MSRP $36 for Top Grill:

https://2d73e25b29782b6d6766-9c8af5cbfef16739445bc76457060528.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/DealerPriceLists_635363489403566000.pdf

Edited by Sancho Panza

Do yours look like they were built for a top grill?

No, no peg holes. Mine are 1977's. I will watch eBay and other sources. maybe some will turn up.

if I understand you correctly lascalas didn't come with any holes to accept grills. the front of the cab was equal to the sides or as I said earlier flush fronts. you have to add moulding around the cab and then use Velcro.

Edited by Budman

Do yours look like they were built for a top grill?

No, no peg holes. Mine are 1977's. I will watch eBay and other sources. maybe some will turn up.

if I understand you correctly lascalas didn't come with any holes to accept grills. the front of the cab was equal to the sides or as I said earlier flush fronts. you have to add moulding around the cab and then use Velcro.

I agree, Velcro would work. But first I need to find grills. :(