'New' custom Heresy's

Sprags

I joined this forum with the intent on learning more about Heresy speakers and possibly find a good source to buy them.

Another forum member that builds and restores speakers contacted me and we are communicating about what I would like to purchase from him....and along the way as I learn more the more questions I have. The forum member is helping me but I thought if I asked these questions in the forum it may help another new member.

Since Heresy's have been around for so long I have to believe that complete plans have to be available. If so can you tell me where I can find them. Are 'new' components to replace the old ones available? I found Crite's web site but it looks like not all of the components are there.

I've seen posts here where I think the members have substituted drivers for the originals. Doesn't this alter the speakers sound and performance?

I'm reading as much as I can to learn but I always think I'm missing things. Can anyone suggest web pages or articles that may help educate me so my new custom Heresy's are exactly what il want?

Thank you...Blake.

I've seen posts here where I think the members have substituted drivers for the originals. Doesn't this alter the speakers sound and performance?

In my case, it's a huge improvement.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/150280-heretical-heresy-1-mod-baby-cornwalls/

I have also tried the DE-10 and now prefer it over the DE-120, plus it's cheaper. The Fastrac horns are really good, but need trimming to fit in a Heresy.

the K-42 woofer is worth the upgrade and should go reasonably down to 70 Hz. when you stuff the box.

Edited by ClaudeJ1