Warranty

DPonder

One could probably make a case that the warranty applies as long as the terms of the warranty are met, i.e. you have a bill of sale from an authorized dealer. Since it only covers manufacturing defects anyway, it shouldn't matter who owns them when the defect appears.

If they meant original purchaser, it is supposed to state that.

One of the things that I highly value in Klipsch speakers is the ability to purchase a driver, or a horn diaphragm at a very reasonable price. Speakers are not overly complicated devices. You can figure out what the problem is and fix it yourself in most cases at less than $100. This is not always the case, especially in the higher end speakers where the drivers new are well over $100 each.

So should a problem occur, it is not going to cost a fortune to fix it. To put it another way, the cost of your risk for purchasing used speakers is probably $100 should it actually break. Note that is a big if. That was my justification when I purchased my used Klipsch speakers. I also have a pair of LaSalas that have been running fine since 79, but I did have to have the driver re coned. So I have invested $175 for 22 years of service.

What is broke? I am sure we can point you in the right direction to fix it yourself for a reasonable price.

Go to the parts list and see how much each of the drivers are for your speaker, make sure you price the diaphragm kits not the replacement horn, they are significantly less.

Add it all up and that is the worst case for repairing the speaker. Although I have to tell you I have never ever seen multiple drivers fail at once. It is almost always the tweeter. That is probably the least expensive to fix.

Mike.

I just saw your post on the EPIC drivers. I also notice you are in Illionis. I used to live in Chicago. You know the driver re cone I told you about, Van L SpeakerWorks in Chicago did it about 10 years ago. They did a great job. Run it by them before you buy new drivers.

Mike.