Oak C-7's on U-bid

Jobman

I know, not earthshaking, but they are selling 32 this time on a 3 day auction, starting bids at $5 and no reserve. Should be interesting to see where they end up.

Anything less than $225 (plus the ridiculous shipping charge of $45) will beat anything on Ebay, and you get a warranty.

FYI only.

Jobman

Check again and I think you'll find that UBid closed that auction early. Probably because their inventory is all screwed up. I bought what was supposed to be an Oak KLF-C7 last week. I got it Monday and it is black! It says "Black Satin" in large print in 3 different places on the box. However, a genius somewhere along the line placed a barcode sticker labelled Oak in one spot and the sold the whole lot as something that they are not. UBid's stellar customer service crew responded to my first email (since they offer no phone numbers) in a lightening fast 26 hours! Here is their oh so helpful response:

Thank you for contacting uBid. We apologize for any inconvenience that

you may have experienced with Order Number xxx.

After initial investigation of the matter, we have determined that some

additional research will be necessary to properly resolve your request.

We have forwarded your inquiry to our Customer Research Group on

07/23/2002 who will contact you with a resolution within 10 business

days.

We hope that this resolution has been able to satisfy your query and

request you to contact us if it has not been able to do so.

We value you as our customer.

THEY SUCK!!!

PS The shipping is $48.56. Make sure you give them full credit for inflating the charges. It's clear that they use the extra money for their incredibly efficient and accurate inventory management.

Klipsch should REALLY find an appropriate online retailer for current models.

Yea, I see they took it away. I thought maybe it was because they screwed up and did it with no reserve, but I'm sure you are right about the inventory thing.

I have had similar substitutions with them before. It took them about 2 months to fix. I also won an auction earlier this year for 2 pair of boohshelf speakers that turned out to be out of stock. Never did come in!

Tripod:

I really want a black C7. What did you pay for yours?

Jobman

------------------

Chorus II's

Wright Sound 3.5 - 2A3 Monoblocks

Wright WPL-20 PreAmp

Jolida 602A Tube CD

Thorens TD-165

Silverline Speaker Cables

Various Monster, Rat Shack Interconnects.

Forte II's for Surrounds

Yea, it's true.

I had an Oak C7 before, and I really liked it. However, with my new decor in the living room, Oak would not match, so black it is.

IF I could find an Academy that I would not have to ransom my children for, I certainly would go that route. However, with the inflated Ebay prices lately, unless I find a great deal like Sseymour did recently, I'll make do with the C7 until one comes along.

Certainly a sellers market for the Academys these days!

Jobman

One last entry to finish.

Ubid sent me an email saying the auction had been terminated. To bad-so sad! Thanks for using Ubid.

Oh well, I think Tripod was right about the inventory problem, as that auction was for Light Oak, and now they have a reserve auction running for Balck C7's. Of course, that is what I wanted in the beginning, so we shall see if this one flys.

Ah, the ups and downs, the thrills of the hunt! (NOT)

Jobman

------------------

Chorus II's

Wright Sound 3.5 - 2A3 Monoblocks

Wright WPL-20 PreAmp

Jolida 602A Tube CD

Thorens TD-165

Silverline Speaker Cables

Various Monster, Rat Shack Interconnects.

Forte II's for Surrounds