Dealings with The FisherDoc - Is this normal?

I ordered a RestoPak for my Fisher 500B from The FisherDoc. The RestoPak includes user and service manuals, new caps, rectifier, etc.. All and all a great deal.

This is my question. It has been almost 2 months since I sent them the money and I have not received the kit yet. I have sent some e-mails and have not gotten any response back. Is this normal for these guys?

Just wondering.

------------------

...wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world...

My Home Theater Page

This message has been edited by eq_shadimar on 07-25-2002 at 11:22 AM

I have read over at audioasylum that a guy has had a small parts order with the fisherdoc and 5 months later he still does not have the parts. Another sent his fisher receiver to him and didn't receive it back for 17 months!

It makes me wonder about dealing with him.

Good Luck!

Greg

------------------

HK AVR20 II

Toshiba DVD

32" Toshiba TV

Odyssey Stratos

1976 LaScala's Front L&R

KV-1 Center

KG 1.5 Rear L&R

KSW-12 Sub

Two-Channel

Fisher 800C Receiver

1976 Klipsch LaScala's

Teac CDP

Pioneer TT

I'm reminded of something that happened when I was in school. I had a dorm mate who used extention cords to connect his speakers. Eventually the inevitable happened and someone plugged the line going to his Fisher receiver outputs into the wall. (How was I to know?) The sky was dark with receiver parts for days. Anyway he took it to the local Authorized Fisher Service center, where it sat for months. Every time he called about it, the lady and the front desk said "It has just been put on the bench." After about the fifth time, my dorm-mate went to the library, got the New York phone book, and looked up Avery Fisher's home phone number. He gave him a call, and explained his problem. Mr. Fisher was very courtly, and after a brief silence said he'd take care of it.

The next day my dorm-mate got a call from the service center saying his receiver was ready. When he went in to pick it up, the owner of the store brought it out, said, "There's no charge. I don't know who you called or what you did. Just never bring this back here again!"

True story.

Capt'n Bob cwm41.gif