The New Legend Series

easyeyes

I'm living in the UK and I just talked to the rep here. In fact, Klipsch products are new to England just recently. The rep says that they are not carrying any old legend products, KLF-10s,20s,30s and C-7 because the new line is due out in Sep 01. I haven't seen or heard anything on here about the new line, maybe a Klipsch rep can shed some light on this situation.

I'm looking for a C-7 (black) to compliment my KLF-30s. If there is a new Legend series coming out, will the two series be compatable? Does anyone know of an on-line site who has the black C-7s? I've checked Brandnamez and they only have the oak.

I haven't heard anything about a "New Legends Series Speaker", but there are some posts about an extension to the Reference Series. Maybe that was what they were referring you to. Or I could be wrong and there is. But I haven't heard anything about that. The new speakers coming out for the Reference Series are going to be spectacular though. Real wood cabinets with a new horn and 10" aluminum drivers. Here is a look at them in the CES convention, http://gallery.consumerreview.com/audio/gallery/files/dscn0099.asp

Hope this helps.

Ray:

I never got an answer on that other thread regarding the impedence range of the RF-7 and RF-5. Would you have any dirt on that? How low will they go?

I'm planning on getting the Wright 3.5wpc monoblocks to drive my RF-3's, but I'd like to upgrade the speakers before August to take advantage of the full trade-in value. I know the RF-3's are supposed to go pretty low on the impedence, so it would be some nice encouragement to know that the RF-7 would be a little more dynamic. Thanks!

------------------

May the bridges we burn light our way....

Sorry for not including this. I asked the rep if he was referring to the new Reference Line that's due out in the next few months and he said no. He specifically stated that there was a new Legend Line coming out in Sep 01. Maybe, since this product is new to the British he was somewhat excited and confused, we'll see. By the way, I read that the the RS-7 rear speakers will be a better match with the legends than the RS-3s. Do you have any info on this?

Prana-Bindu:

There are no published specs yet on the new RF-5 or RF-7. You'll just have to keep watching when the products officially hit the market.

easyeyes:

There are no new Legend models in the works, so maybe the rep you talked to was referring to getting some KLF-10's, 20's or 30's that he didn't have before.

No new Legend models. The fellow was most certainly talking about the new Reference models which will cover the price and performance range (with better performance) of the Legend line.

If you need to match KLF mains, you should definitely purchase the KLF-C7. The new speaker will not be a better mate to your mains.

I was nicely received on my recent trip to the UK. Had a chance to train the new reps. Maybe this was during the time one seemed to be napping. Never nap when BG speaks.

Thanks for the info Bob. I will be checking in with the UK rep from time to time, I will not purchase anything from him though because of the dollar to pound ratio, today it's 1.47. They charge the same thing in pounds as the states charge in dollars, I'm american not British. Bob, one last question for you, I've heard that the surrounds from the new reference series will be a better match with my KLF-30s than what you currently have posted on your main page (RS-3s). Please, any input will be greatly appreciated.

Ed

The new RS-7 surround will do a really great job with Legend models KLF-20 and KLF-30. The RS-3 may still be the better choice to match KLF-10.

How about this? You could fly to the US, buy some Klipsch and get a steak dinner (something you do not do in Europe these days) then fly home. While it would cost more than the speakers bought there, you'd at least get a great steak. ;-)

Hey Bob,

How will the new RS-7 surrounds match up for those of us with the Heritage line (I have Chorus II's)? I assume it will be a step up from the RS-3's and therefore will be the new recommended surround speaker match for Chorus owners. Am I correct?

Thanks, Colin

quote:

Originally posted by BobG:

No new Legend models. The fellow was most certainly talking about the new Reference models which will cover the price and performance range (with better performance) of the Legend line.

If you need to match KLF mains, you should definitely purchase the KLF-C7. The new speaker will not be a better mate to your mains.

I was nicely received on my recent trip to the UK. Had a chance to train the new reps. Maybe this was during the time one seemed to be napping. Never nap when BG speaks.

Hi Bob,

Does this mean that I don't have to

worry about the Legend Line being phased

out any time soon? Should I not worry about

trying to find a KLF-C7 when I need one? I

just bought KLF-30's and want to buy 2 more

KLF-30's for surrounds and a KLF-C7 and the RS-7's for the back surrounds. Is this still a good plan? Would you recommend a different speaker placement?

Thanks,

Bart Williams

No steak dinners on the British economy!!!!! Maybe, you can send me some T-Bones and Porterhouses on the company, you are making extra money selling the speakers to the British. I still do not know how you are getting away with this but that's another reply.

Ed

If you want anything from the Legend Series, you will have to act quickly. Getting down to the wire.

The forthcoming RS-7 will be the suggested WDST match for Chorus II's.

For Side Surrounds, I prefer our WDST designs, for rear center surrounds, I prefer normal dispersion designs. So, use the RS-7's on the side and the KLF-30's in the rear.