KG4 vs KLF-10

Gorm

I have an opportunity to buy a set of KLF-10s at 200 dollars here local. No problems with the speakers, they look and sound great...according to the add.

My question is, I currently have a set of KG4s as my "in flux" speakers. Would I see a significant advantage in getting the KLF-10s over the KG4s? Bass or Clarity wise?

Thanks!

Would I see a significant advantage in getting the KLF-10s over the KG4s? Bass or Clarity wise?

Can you hear them together?

KLF10s look better as to woofer size and efficiency, but so much depends on decisions made in voicing (especially re: perceived clarity) ....  

They seem similar in design, and would probably sound more alike than two other Klipsch speakers of two designs that are very different from one another???

Edited by Garyrc
  • Like 1

It would seem to be that its a bit of a push in terms of what I need them for....which is basically just owning them for the sake of owning them...Had these been KLF-20's or 30's, I would have bought them already.

the KLF10 is a good speaker and makes lots of deep bass for its size. The tweeter horn is almost identical to the KLF20/30 mid horn so it would make excellent effects speakers when used with KLF20/30 in a HT. I would buy them if in good condition for the asking price. Install a set of Bob's ti diaphragms and you have a real nice set of compact floor standing speakers. Your call. Best regards Moray James.

I would certainly go for the 10's at that price, I would consider them a steal. I am partial as I run three systems with them. I just let a pair of 30's go. When I compared the 10's vs the 30's on the same track with adjusted volume levels to match sound level the 10's bass was actually more tactile. Another Klipsch head agreed although he preferred the 30's mids. Certainly verify the cabinet integrity as the front and rear panels do come loose to to poor construction but it is an easy fix. I certainly recommend Bob C's Ti tweets as well, they do open up the top end.