Pairing an AVR with my Synergy Series.

djharby

Just about anything will drive those speakers. I recommend looking away from klipsch for subs though. Much better stuff out there for the money. MUCH better.

And also welcome! I guess I could expend a little since your new around here. Your klipsch speakers are very efficient speakers. They can run off just about anything however if you list a brand preference and budget we can better help you out. I prefer audyssey so I use denon or marantz myself.

Edited by Scrappydue

Thanks, I just work for a retailer and get really good deals on what we stock. I paid about $178 each last Christmas for the f-30's. I get some really good deals on AVR's too.

I was looking at the new reference subs, what would the recommend outside of klipsch subs?

I'd suggest SVS or outlaw both are pretty affordable. I had a klipsch sw450 and switched to SVS pb12 nsd the old version of pb2000 and I am very happy that I switched. I just bought my second nsd not to long ago. Good luck and welcome to the forum and watch out for the bug.

I am fairly new to this forum. my advice is to make sure your avr has a good room correction. my system is legacy classic front speakers, the rf 62 center and mirage

rear channel speakers except for the center which is small. my amps are Yamaha avr 2010 for center and rear channels, and emotive 200w per channel for the 2

front channels. I had trouble with muddy bass and slightly laid back upper midrange and treble. I tried several tweaks and speaker placements with no satisfying

results. finally it was suggested that I use my room correction. WOW what a difference.  the rc  balanced my speakers and I mean all my speakers by the my room

out of the equation. they are not muddy or bright just more clear. its like having anew set of speakers. most of us cannot move our speakers 2 to 4 ft  into the room.

my amps are set to flat no extra bass or treble.  hope this will help you to sink your speakers and amp, it was the holy grail for me.

Bazman, room correction does a lot more than set the speaker spl.  It will EQ the speakers so that the speaker frequency response is correct, time align the drivers, reverb corrrect and a lot more.  There is no good reason to buy a new avr without room correction.    Some brands offer different level of their room correction software.  Spending a little extra to get to a higher level of the room correction software can make an average system to a very good sounding system. 

thanks derrick, you seem to know a lot about rc. in my room the system was set up on a different wall with a new cabinet. later when I had a chance to really listen I noticed the problem. besides all the

other things it may have done. I feel the main deal was the eq for the room. what I was it is like the speakers sounded when they were new. thanks for the advice.