Yaqin MS-12B users?

Rick J B

I have a Yaqin phono preamp (MS-22B) that I have happily used for several years.  I ran it with a few different 12AX7s and eventually settled on a pair of TJ Full Music. They were a little pricey but but work well in this application.

I don't believe I had heard of these before. And yes, they're expensive, the ones I saw were $95.00 per. I did read some really good reviews on them tho once I had googled them. :)

I remember them being around $40-50. Maybe worth it for the price, $95 not so much. I also had good luck with JJ tubes in a Yaqin 300B amp I used to own.

Sometimes it's what you don't see as well.  Yes, the Chinese stuff is of good value but make no mistake............we more than likely have pieces that contain some lead, mercury, cadmium, etc....... and other unsafe chemicals in the metals, wires, and plastics that they don't regulate.

Many companies that purchase electronics from China are very clear on requirements and ensure these materials of concern are not used in their products.

The Chinese products themselves don't play by the same rules.  A prime example are the toys that are sometimes found to contain harmful chemicals.

It's not an emergency, just something to be aware of.

I have a Yaqin phono preamp (MS-22B) that I have happily used for several years.  I ran it with a few different 12AX7s and eventually settled on a pair of TJ Full Music. They were a little pricey but but work well in this application.

I don't believe I had heard of these before. And yes, they're expensive, the ones I saw were $95.00 per. I did read some really good reviews on them tho once I had googled them. :)

I remember them being around $40-50. Maybe worth it for the price, $95 not so much. I also had good luck with JJ tubes in a Yaqin 300B amp I used to own.

That sounds very interesting indeed. (pun intended) :lol:

Sometimes it's what you don't see as well.  Yes, the Chinese stuff is of good value but make no mistake............we more than likely have pieces that contain some lead, mercury, cadmium, etc....... and other unsafe chemicals in the metals, wires, and plastics that they don't regulate.

Many companies that purchase electronics from China are very clear on requirements and ensure these materials of concern are not used in their products.

The Chinese products themselves don't play by the same rules.  A prime example are the toys that are sometimes found to contain harmful chemicals.

That is more of modern concern for US manufactures. I would think that you would have many of the same issues in "vintage" gear.

Yeah, I wouldn't buy baby formula from em. :rolleyes: