VPI - CLASSIC 2 TURNTABLE WALNUT

A1UC

so where the hell were you last week before I bought my Classic 2?

<_<

I'm wondering... did VPI go with a sub platter configuration on the newer classic 2? the reason I ask is because I don't see a drive belt. how hard was the set up?

I am sure I will be okay with my older C2... GL with SALE. this is a superb set up.

Edited by Schu

the soundsmith cartridges are so unbelievably tiny and lite. I was slightly shocked when I got mine as it looks so delicate and fragile.

I take it the Digital front end is working out for you?

I am thinking about going the same way as yourself... staying with class D for now though, but adding a upscale DAC/DSD and then reevaluating where my system is at. I doubt I will sell my VPI though... though I do have a Rega P5 for sale now unless I can happen to find a modification that allows for 78rpm.

Edited by Schu

Listing closed guess I will keep it

solid choice buddy... when I received my classic, I could not believe how unbelievably large and heavy the unit is... I doubt I will ever sell mine and it's not even up and running yet.

my Rega P5, while completely hotrodded and nice to listen to, is a bit of a joke in comparison to the classic VPI. perhaps joke is a bad term, but it certainly is in a different league.

15318854618_f221995ccc_o.jpg

Edited by Schu
  • Like 1

Yes... but I think 300 is WAY to much for one so I am getting one made here locaally when I can get around to it.

I want it tighter around the base and not as tall also, so I think custom was always in my future.

Edited by Schu