How much are KSP-400s worth?

mattSER

• 2 weeks later...

I mean, I know they're not worth $1200, but what kinda offer should I make? These would be perfect for my boss.

https://denver.craigslist.org/ele/4698397874.html

They are freakin heavy and deep though so they'll stick out in the room.

I sold my pair few months ago as they looked like a monster in my family room.

As for price, my pair had some scratches and vinyl wrapping was delaminating in few places.

I started at $750 and no bites.

During that time, one amp started making funny noises so I dropped price to $425 and sold them.

Another amp was making loud pop when turned off.

Depends upon condition. They are big and not many followers like heritage series so you can bargain.

They did sound really nice though. Better than Forte's.

They are much smoother than other horns.

Here is a picture of my pair:

Klipsch-KSP-400-P1050232.jpg

post-59207-0-31060000-1414625910_thumb.j

Edited by Mystery

I mean, I know they're not worth $1200, but what kinda offer should I make? These would be perfect for my boss.

As for price, my pair had some scratches and vinyl wrapping was delaminating in few places.

During that time, one amp started making funny noises so I dropped price to $425 and sold them.

Depends upon condition. They are big and not many followers like heritage series so you can bargain.

Oh my god, that ad was yours? I remember you trying to unload those things for a looooong time!

I believe I may have even contacted you back before the amp started going bad, but it was more just a showing of interest as I did not have Klipsch money back then.

Very interesting!

I wouldn't pay more than $500 for a pair of these, brand new or not. You're rolling the device when you purchase a pair of speakers with known quality issues, very well known I might add. They could last you many years with no troubles, or they could die tomorrow. It's not worth it. If you want to spend around $1k or less on a pair off Klipsch, there are many better options IMO.

• Like 1

I wouldn't pay more than $500 for a pair of these, brand new or not. You're rolling the device when you purchase a pair of speakers with known quality issues, very well known I might add. They could last you many years with no troubles, or they could die tomorrow. It's not worth it. If you want to spend around $1k or less on a pair off Klipsch, there are many better options IMO.

I agree. If you got a 1k budget grab some nice Cornwalls. They will not disappoint. rf-7s would be really nice too but would cost more for a nice pair. With cornwalls you won't lose a penny if you ever need to sell them. 

Edited by Pro-Cinema_Head

Oh my god, that ad was yours? I remember you trying to unload those things for a looooong time!

I believe I may have even contacted you back before the amp started going bad, but it was more just a showing of interest as I did not have Klipsch money back then.

Very interesting!

Yes, one sub was not making any bass, it was just like full range low sound from that 15" woofer.

Even funnier was this.

I had them unused for few weeks.

The buyer showed up and I hooked them up and the bad amp/sub also works fine.

I was not sure what the hell was wrong before when it decided not to create bass.

Anyways, I had to get them out so the buyer got a deal. ;)

Nothing you can buy Klipsch will sound better for the price. Have the amps repaired and you're good for another 10 years. Cornwalls ain't got 15" subs.Keith

On this forum, for $1k or less, I've seen many great options; RF-7, LaScala, Cornwall. None of these have the ill fated built in amps and perhaps, "will sound better for the price", IMO.

Nothing you can buy Klipsch will sound better for the price. Have the amps repaired and you're good for another 10 years. Cornwalls ain't got 15" subs.Keith

On this forum, for $1k or less, I've seen many great options; RF-7, LaScala, Cornwall. None of these have the ill fated built in amps and perhaps, "will sound better for the price", IMO.

Yeah well that's your opinion. People that actually own the speakers in question probably feel differently than you do. I know I do.

Keith