RF-52 ll vs RF-62 ll

Chris Damerval

Hey guy's I'm another newbie to the forums and have been following your great advice for a couple months which helped me decide to upgrade my system and was going to go with 42 ll's and decided on 52 ll's. I have been told by a few people to match all my speakers by woofer size but I can buy a pair of RF-62 ll's for $50 more a piece than the RF-52 ll's. So my question to you guys is will they overpower the rest of the 7.1 system in a medium sized room?

My system so far:

ONKYO TX-NR838 Receiver

2 - KF -26 which is being upgraded

1 - RC-52 II Center

2 - RF -51 II Side Bookshelves

2 - RS-52 II Rear Surround's

This is an upgrade from a 10 year old HK receiver and 7.1 Infinity primus HT package that I paid $1200 for and thought I spent a ton of money then! LMAO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Chris,

Welcome to the forum.

I have been told by a few people to match all my speakers by woofer size

Even though my system has identical woofers all around, it is not necessary.

I can buy a pair of RF-62 ll's for $50 more a piece than the RF-52 ll's.

The RF-62II's will give you a fuller sound especially if your room is on the >medium size.  On the other hand, I would not "upgrade" to the 62II's unless you are able to "upgrade" to the RC-62II also.  The RC-52II just does not have the capability of the RC-62II.

If integrated well with a quality subwoofer in a smallish room, the RF-52II system can sound really good, very balanced.

How large is your room approximately in cubic feet?

Bill 

I'm guessing about 300 but that's just off the top of my head

I am guessing you mean 3000ft3 not 300ft3. :o  :) 

Oh and I'm not able to upgrade to the RC-62 II because I'm very limited on space above the tv

I understand.  If your room is say around 3000ft3, then a full RF-52II system with a good sub/subs should be just fine.

Bill 

Yeah, yeah that's what I meant to say, thanks and I'll just save the extra $100 or possibly another $100 since they are asking $349 and I have talked them down on all of them so far. I got the RS-52 II's for $250 a piece plus tax and the RB-51 II's for $270.60 which is the only reason I was considering stepping up to the RF-62 II's.

I got all my speakers from Nebraska Furniture Mart in Kansas City, KS and they have 2 other stores. 1 in Omaha, NE and the other is in Des Moines, IA. The website is NFM.com but to get sale prices and to talk them down would be best done in person or phone depending on where you are located.

I already bought a sub from them too. It's the new Klipsch R-110SW and I was really impressed with the sound of it. It doesn't sound like the older models but it also wasn't my first choice, which was the svs pb-2000 but my wife threatened to kill me in my sleep if I keep going, especially if I go anymore over the budget! Lol

I have also talked to a guy named Eric from World Wide Stereo (an online store that I found on Amazon) and I believe he would do whatever it takes to gain our business and would probably match those prices. Don't quote me on that because he never came straight out and said it but he really sounded like he wanted to steal the rest of my business from NFM.