New-ish Klipsch owner

AaronH

The rc-64ii was 1200 retail when it came out. About a year down the road they bumped it up to 1400. I think the 1200 was a better price point. But keep in mind you can get these at 30% off all day. So around 840. A rc62ii Would be around 400ish. So for 440 more you get a much better horn and driver, 2x the 6.5" drivers, a really nice wood veneer that's a million times better than plastic, and built here in the USA. I'm not saying it's worth the extra 440. I think that will depend on how much those things matter to someone. It was totally worth it to me.

Edited by Pro-Cinema_Head

I love the rc64, but I really only hear subtle nuances vs the 62. Has anyone else thought the same? You think the upgrade is worth it?

I am a HUGE bass guitar fan. The RC-64 is totally badass for bass guitar. I don't know why exactly but all the subtle nuances as you say REALLY shines with this center. This alone is totally worth it to me. All the twangs you hear when the strings hit the frets, all the stuff going on inside of tube amps whatever it is, all of it comes out. Most people think that if a bass guitar occasionally gets pumped through their subs then it's all good but I say that's BS. RC-64 really makes a good bass guitar recording in 5.1 surround sound shine.If you don't care about that and am only watching normal movies, then maybe it wouldn't be important to you, but between the real wood veneer finish plus what I've heard it do with not only bass guitar but with kick drums, anchoring the initial strike of the beater to the bass drum skin to the screen, I would say go for it.

As a drummer, I appreciate the beater being picked up with that wet fat sound. Like I said, the 64 is a better speaker but I don't know about msrp $1400 better

The rc-64ii was 1200 retail when it came out. About a year down the road they bumped it up to 1400. I think the 1200 was a better price point. But keep in mind you can get these at 30% off all day. So around 840. A rc62ii Would be around 400ish. So for 440 more you get a much better horn and driver, 2x the 6.5" drivers, a really nice wood veneer that's a million times better than plastic, and built here in the USA. I'm not saying it's worth the extra 440. I think that will depend on how much those things matter to someone. It was totally worth it to me.

I agree that it's $440 better. I got mine new with the rf 7ii for 2500