WTB Klipschorns, Colorado and surrounding states

bigskymck

Howdy. New member here seeking a pair of Klipschorns. Condition more important than year, but in my mind newer is better. Intelligent upgrades welcomed. No black or oak cabinets. Will travel in the Southwest and Intermountain states for the right speakers.

Finally realize my musical tastes are not nearly as sophisticated as my Maggies, and I'm seeking to recapture my youth, when I tortured my then-young daughters with the Clash and a pair of La Scalas.

Thanks

Bill

Colorado Springs. CO

bigskymck@gmail.com

(719) 964-4485

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip mattSER. Driving up tomorrow to check them out. Don't know how I missed those in my own backyard. Yea, Schu, the price seems very fair. If I get them, I'll report back in case folks track current prices. I'll also blast Fiesta by The Pogues as a salute. This is a great resource, by the way. Especially for someone coming from an old Hafler 500 and Maggies. I have a lot to relearn.

Thanks again, guys.

Hi, guys. Well, I bought the Klipschorns. Came out of multi-million dollar home in Denver because the owner's wife wanted to redecorate (so said their "assistant," who handled the transaction). Looks like the butler waxed them regularly.

1987, with I believe the foam horn. (M?)

I'm not an audiophile, so I lack the technical terms of what I'm hearing. I'm also coming from Magnepans, which are a whole other thing.

My analogy between the two speakers:

Like leaving the bedroom of a beautiful woman who wears sensible underwear and getting *****-slapped in the alley by Mike Tyson.

Thanks for tipping me off on the speakers.

(Anything by Dinah Washington sounds superb. ...)

• Like 2

Hi, guys. Well, I bought the Klipschorns. Came out of multi-million dollar home in Denver because the owner's wife wanted to redecorate (so said their "assistant," who handled the transaction). Looks like the butler waxed them regularly.

1987, with I believe the foam horn. (M?)

I'm not an audiophile, so I lack the technical terms of what I'm hearing. I'm also coming from Magnepans, which are a whole other thing.

My analogy between the two speakers:

Like leaving the bedroom of a beautiful woman who wears sensible underwear and getting *****-slapped in the alley by Mike Tyson.

Thanks for tipping me off on the speakers.

(Anything by Dinah Washington sounds superb. ...)

Just a *****-slap?

You mean it doesn't feel like getting your ear bitten off?

• Like 1