Bookshelf speakers to pair with Onkyo 626?

NARESERVA

I don't see how a sane person who isn't interested in hearing loss could take any speaker and any receiver and run the receiver at max volume, I don't think I've ever come close on any setup I've ever had. Subs are a different story. :)

• Moderators
run the receiver at max volume, I don't think I've ever come close on any setup I've ever had.

I know I haven't.  Loudest I've ever had mine was around 110db peak.  Anything over 100db is pretty stinkin loud and I was around 0db on my receiver.  Think it goes up to +10 or maybe +20.

Hello, i need a pair of speakers that can play with the Onkyo 626 at max volume (or almost), without distortion. The RB-81 are a bit expensive... can any of the cheaper models do the trick?

Thank you

Edit: I´m using a BK XXLS400sub

If you're in Portugal, maybe you are thinking something else than "max" volume? The 626 is about 95 watts per channel @20hz-20khz, and 115watts @ 1k setting. if you are looking for more volume, maybe all you need to do is raise the "level" when doing Audyssey. If it isn't raised it will not sound as "loud" and will need to be adjusted. Once adjusted the sound will be louder at the same db level showing on the screen. I've had the TX-NR 609,709,AND 809 and without adjusting the levels it sounded like it had less power output than Yamaha and Denon. Once I set the levels differently, it adjusted to a higher level and the receiver didn't seem like it was working harder with a lower sound output. You may also want to adjust the xo as it may help with clarity which might sound louder, and also check the EQ setup to make sure the compression is changed. It will seem louder when adjusting from light,medium and heavy and keeping it off of Dolby surround setting.Play with those settings and you should be able to get more power out of it. Your room size will also help determine why they are/aren't that loud with/without distortion.

Edited by Jim