Who's Got A Bluetooth Speaker They LOVE?

Gilbert

Eureka!!  Finally found one I love.

The FUGOO, Tough model. 

Can be ordered in 3 different flavors (case-covers), and it's a bullet proof little speaker. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0eIaEdU5_8

Sound quality is just freaking awesome for a bluetooth speaker of this size, crystal clear sound, and it's plenty loud, especially after you update the firmware. Simply incredible, impressive little Bluetooth speaker with 40 hour battery life rating. I've had mine a bit over a week, took it golfing twice, and still on same charge. Plus, it's water resistance (up to 3 ft) and shock proof.

There's no guess work on the Bluetooth connectivity, it's a snap, painlessly simple. The firmware offers voice prompts that guide you and letsyou know your current state of connection w/o being intrusive or annoying. All intuitive little package.

I'm totally pleased with this bluetooth speaker. Exceptional build quality too.

http://www.fugoo.com/fugoo-tough/

Was initially skeptical about ordering it because several reviews mentioned that it wasn't loud enough. (SPL 95 db @ 0.5m). These were the earlier versions w/o the updated firmware. Mine was plenty loud right out of the box, and after updating the firmware, the little bugger is even better. 

And not to worry if it's ear scorching amplitudes you like, Fugoo is about to release the XL model, which has 8 drivers (2 more than the little guy). 

Here's a picture of my baby Fugoo. Will definitely be buying the XL.

post-10277-0-62740000-1420660111_thumb.j

Edited by Gilbert

• 2 weeks later...

I have both the KMC 1 and KMC 3. The KMC 3 is great for an in-home-only purpose, but the KMC 1, like Chad said, is much more versatile. Much more low-end than you would probably expect from a Bluetooth speaker.

The Bose Soundlink Mini isn't a bad product and that HOM speaker is pretty sexy....then again, I'm a sucker for wood (who will make a joke first?).

The Beats Pill is hands-down the worst audio product I have ever demoed. Worse than any Bluetooth speakers I have tried. Heck, it's even worse than any headphones I've tried. It is a trash...dirty brown, water trash.

I'm a sucker for wood

Uuuuh, I better leave that one alone; heheheheeheh.

I thought about the Klipsch Bluetooth options, but wanted something I could beat the crap out of, take to the beach, boating, just anywhere; but had a hard time find something that offered the SQ I wanted. I've purchased 3, including the Fugoo, and can confidently say this is the one.

The Bose Soundlink Mini isn't a bad product

This little Fugoo smokes the Bose Soundlink Mini by a mile.

The XL received a CES 2015 Best in show award, and Android-Spin called it their 2015 CES Top Pick.

post-10277-0-15600000-1421431719_thumb.j

Edited by Gilbert

• 11 months later...

I love my KMC3! It's perfect for our family gatherings in the backyard. I've taken to work for a Christmas party and my coworkers were amazed with how much sound it can put out.

With that being said, it's definitely a stay at home device for the most part. Gilbert, that Fugoo looks very intriguing, I may get one for myself.