Pete's new ride

justinsweber

These pics come courtesy of Pete who is the happy owner. I had set these up against my heavily modified MKIIIs and the results we pretty remarkable.

The Casablanca’s as I call them were a clear winner, more articulate bass and HF extension to boot. In my hast I didn’t get to snap pics for my site. Pete was kind enough to do so for me… Shot in raw and then edited… seems much better results than Ive pulled off before.

gallery_36992_31_293686.jpg
gallery_36992_31_149043.jpg
gallery_36992_31_149043.jpg
gallery_36992_31_118514.jpg

Edited by justinsweber
  • Like 1

I had built it with 6CA7 for outputs, but knew full well that 6550s would be used. I just have a soft spot for the 6CA7. The other tubes are 12AX7 and 6SN7.

It was a bit shocking just home much better it sounded over my dynacos... As a result, I kept the Dynaco's and Pete went home with his new amps and a speaker selector I built.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, those look familiar !!! Having some fun with a little tube rolling (all NOS). . .the power tubes in the pics are Tung Sol 6550 greyplates, just now coupled them with Mullard long plate 12AX7's (circa 58) and RCA red base 5692's. Just completing a prelim burn in and we'll see how it sounds. Well, it can't sound anything but sweet - these are beautifully performing amps. As Justin said the demo he did was really an eyeopener - these blew away a very nice pair of mono blocks he had also crafted on the Dynaco footprint. Heck, the Dynaco recreations were great amps themselves, and had I not heard his new customs I probably would have been trying to buy them (!!). Just shows you how good these new monos (Casablancas) are that he has worked up. Detail, power, soundstage . . .and very musical and non fatiguing. Lots of fun.