Klipsch ICON XL-23 WTB Pair

A1UC

Do you know how they compare to the Icon's

Of course I have a lot of experience with the RVX-42's(7 years), but I have heard both.  The XL-23's sound equally as good as the RVX-42's. 

Not sure what your goals are but if it is to replace a pair of your XL-12's, then of course the 23's would be the way to go.

Bill

Do you know how they compare to the Icon's

Of course I have a lot of experience with the RVX-42's(7 years), but I have heard both.  The XL-23's sound equally as good as the RVX-42's. 

Not sure what your goals are but if it is to replace a pair of your XL-12's, then of course the 23's would be the way to go.

Bill

Yes I have a XL-23 center and (4)  XL-12's , I just thought if I could replace the L/R 12"s with 23's that would be great . I just wonder how much I would gain >  Im also using a SVS PB-12 Plus so bass wise I'm more than happy .

this was suppose to just be a simple solution for movies and TV since all my money goes to my 2 ch setup , but it didn't turn out that way after buying a screen and projector and now a TX-NR5007 - I was foolish to think the TV speakers would be just fine

Edited by A1UC

Yes I have a XL-23 center and (4)  XL-12's , I just thought if I could replace the L/R 12"s with 23's that would be great . I just wonder how much I would gain

I really don't know how much you would gain with the 23's.  My only experience with the XL-12's is a buddy is using them as surrounds with his RF-82's and RC-52.  

You may gain a little "bigness" with the 23's over the 12's.  Tonally I would put them about the same.

My RVX-42 system 41Jr1HZJoCL._SY355_.jpg

is perfect for my bedroom TV watching and movies but never use it for music.

Bill 

Yes I have a XL-23 center and (4)  XL-12's , I just thought if I could replace the L/R 12"s with 23's that would be great . I just wonder how much I would gain

I really don't know how much you would gain with the 23's.  My only experience with the XL-12's is a buddy is using them as surrounds with his RF-82's and RC-52.  

You may gain a little "bigness" with the 23's over the 12's.  Tonally I would put them about the same.

My RVX-42 system 41Jr1HZJoCL._SY355_.jpg

is perfect for my bedroom TV watching and movies but never use it for music.

Bill 

I have a dedicated 2 ch system , these are just for movies and TV I am more than hapy with the setup , just thought if I could find a pair of 23's I would swap them out .  Thanks

I'm on the hunt for 1 XL - 23...  I just picked two up off of ebay earlier this week.   I also have 2 - XL12's and 4 - XB10's - if I can find an XL 23  I plan to sell the XB10

There is the guy that got the 2 on the stands , I went back to buy them and was to late . I shouldn't of thought on that , but I already have those stands

there is a  shop on eBay that has one maybe see if they will ship it , don't seem to be selling

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-ICON-XL-23-Center-Channel-Speaker-with-Vertical-Stand-LOCAL-PICKUP-/261645436165?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item3ceb488505

Edited by A1UC