I'm a noob and need some help please. R-28F

NEVRL8

mattSER, aren't you selling speakers? I thought I saw a post where you are, or you responded to a post for S-7's and RC-52. NEVRL 8, I'd inquire about these, and then add in the towers. Those in my opinion would be a much better fit sound quality wise than the R-28. I have the ICON KF-28 and the other speakers to match, and although they are O.K. for HT, they lack in music in my opinion. I also own the RF Series which I pieced together after joining this forum, and purchased a few speakers (1 set RS-3) that had some slight damage to the vinyl and a few dings. All I did was take the vinyl off, sand them down, and refinished them with a speaker paint and they look better than new. The speakers I'm talking about if they are in fact through mattSER were going for $300.00 per the pair, and $300.00 for the center,plus shipping. If not for sale mattSER,I apologize,thought I saw somewhere where they were or you replied to a question about them.

There is another thread with Mister B selling, maybe that's where I got your response?

Edited by Jim

mattSER, aren't you selling speakers? I thought I saw a post where you are, or you responded to a post for S-7's and RC-52. NEVRL 8, I'd inquire about these, and then add in the towers. Those in my opinion would be a much better fit sound quality wise than the R-28. I have the ICON KF-28 and the other speakers to match, and although they are O.K. for HT, they lack in music in my opinion. I also own the RF Series which I pieced together after joining this forum, and purchased a few speakers (1 set RS-3) that had some slight damage to the vinyl and a few dings. All I did was take the vinyl off, sand them down, and refinished them with a speaker paint and they look better than new. The speakers I'm talking about if they are in fact through mattSER were going for $300.00 per the pair, and $300.00 for the center,plus shipping. If not for sale mattSER,I apologize,thought I saw somewhere where they were or you replied to a question about them.

There is another thread with Mister B selling, maybe that's where I got your response?

Funny that you ask.

I JUST posted them for sale in the Garage Sale section. I was trying to sell locally, but am now willing to ship.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/153637-fs-rc-7-and-rs-7s-300ea-obo/

• Like 1

And if NEVRL8 opts for original RF surrounds and center, he should really stick to older RF floorstanding models(RF-3, RF-5, RF-25, RF-35) for a closer timbre match.

I think it would be worth it to try and ship these $375 RF-5s!

https://denver.craigslist.org/ele/4772534076.html

Hell, I would help him do it if the seller isn't willing.

• Like 2

That's what I was going to say. I kept my RF-25's and added the RC-25, RS-3'S and KB-15's to my set. I'm now running a 9.2 setup in my living room along with the 9.2 setup in my family room. I refinished of my R-3's with Duratex Rollergrade Paint in black,and the speakers look better than they did when purchased. I also refinished and older KSC C-1 center channel with it. It gives a stipple finish, and can be watered down for a smoother finish if needed. I chose not to water down for the smoother finish, but figured I'd show a finished product. If you use a smoother finishing roller then the one that comes with it,it will be a smooth finish, otherwise watered down and orange skin texture and they are very hard to scratch.

post-59264-0-68660000-1416764825_thumb.j

post-59264-0-61420000-1416764841_thumb.j

post-59264-0-48580000-1416764853_thumb.j

• Like 1

And if NEVRL8 opts for original RF surrounds and center, he should really stick to older RF floorstanding models(RF-3, RF-5, RF-25, RF-35) for a closer timbre match.

I think it would be worth it to try and ship these $375 RF-5s!

https://denver.craigslist.org/ele/4772534076.html

Hell, I would help him do it if the seller isn't willing.

Seconded.  Those RF-5's are a true steal too and go further to prove my point.  :)

• Like 1