Panamax mr5100 power conditioner $227 at amazon (normally $320 to $439)

etc6849

I'm not in the market for a power conditioner / surge protector, but noticed this one posted on AVS.

http://www.amazon.com/Panamax-MR5100-Management-Protection-Conditioning/dp/B009WV8LC2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419296639&sr=8-1&keywords=panamax+5100

This appears to be $100 off normal price, but is $200 off best buy's normal price.   I would PM at best buy so you are sure you get a warranty as BB is an authorized dealer.

Price history:

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Panamax-MR5100-Management-Protection-Conditioning/product/B009WV8LC2

If you're paranoid and want to keep your gear safe, I would recommend a power conditioner.  We all know brownouts do happen, but aren't that common (at least in my area).  However, the posts online claiming better picture and sound when using a power conditioner are nonsense.

Edited by etc6849

EDIT: I think only Best Buy Magnolia stores carry this.  So if you're in an area like mine, I think Amazon is your only choice.  However, maybe you can chat online with BB and get them to price match and ship one to you?

Edited by etc6849

Found this comment in one of the reviews regarding the warranty on damage to your equipment:

The caveat: Panamax DOES NOT honor any warranty on purchases unless they are made through an authorized dealer, and Amazon is not an authorized dealer. If you spend a little more elsewhere, Panamax offers a pretty lengthy 3 year warranty, plus a "$5,000,000 LIFETIME LIMITED CONNECTED EQUIPMENT PROTECTION POLICY".

Dropped to $224, then went back to $227. Amazon's pricing is as bad as the stock market?!? I got suckered and ordered one of these glorified surge protectors for a second room. I highly doubt my home will ever be hit by lightning, but who knows?

won't protect your stuff from a lightning strike.

I meant if lightning strikes near my home or the nearby power lines.  I don't see why it wouldn't protect against that?  If it's a direct lightning strike on my main electrical service, everything is toast any ways...

Dropped to $224, then went back to $227. Amazon's pricing is as bad as the stock market?!? I got suckered and ordered one of these glorified surge protectors for a second room. I highly doubt my home will ever be hit by lightning, but who knows?

won't protect your stuff from a lightning strike.