Klipsche TimeWindows?

Sprags

That is way more than anyone should have to spend unless they like to buy stuff that's way overpriced just so they can say they spent $2000 for a sheet of plywood.

well a lot depends upon peoples abilities and availability of shop/tools. then there is the design aspect of it and the fit and finish quality of materials (all top notch)and that hardware is not cheap either. not defending these to you but I do have respect for them and they do represent quality value, I have listened to them. I was in Toronto demonstrating with Ze'ev at the TAVES CES show some weeks back and we won three "Best Sound at Show" awards as well as a handfull of honorable mentions in the audio press so they are not to be laughed at. The point of the link was not sell you something the point of the link is that Ze'ev runs a DIY business with lots of members and there is a lot of free design info. I guess that all that free design info and experience from members there are of no use to you? so far as I can see no one went pee in your cornflakes you just seem to be looking for an excuse to get angry perhaps there are some pills you could take? Best regards Moray James.

As I said in my previous post I thought you were trying to direct me to the $3000 speakers the web site has listed for sale. I apologize for not understanding the point of your comment or what I was supposed to be getting out of the link.

dipole loudspeakers have this interesting ability to generate spatial ambiance a chunk of which is not real but it is very interesting. No other speaker design does spatial ambiance like an OB does. You can also generate astounding bass with OB speakers. So I think that you could learn a lot by looking at OB designs. Interestingly enough the woofer you need to make bass with an OB design in a high Qt design which is way less expensive to buy than a high Qt design as would be used in a horn.

As for you apology you need to stop jumping to conclusions, thank you for making it never the less. There is an interesting thread here but not all the responses are going to directly address your query some will have little or nothing to do with it that's the way threads go but all the same a lot of great ideas are going to emerge and in all of those ideas you may get an idea that helps or works or just plain makes you think and that's what threads like this can do. Best regards Moray James.

here is a great thread on a simple small but very effective open baffle design. I realize that this is not what you asked about but sometimes learning about one thing comes in handy with another learning is like that. If you can understand how an OB makes stage and image and bass then you can transfer that to what ever kind of speaker you like. Best regards Moray James.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/110583-fast-fun-inexpensive-ob-project.html

Edited by moray james

Sprags,

I apologize for antagonizing you. I sincerely hope you find the information you're looking for and can build the speakers to suit your needs.

Not the easiest thing to do; but, i applaud you brother.  The high road isn’t the easiest path to travel; but, it is most definitely the most rewarding.  Well Done.

• Like 1