attitudes to retire in the new year

Paducah Home Theater

On Social Media - In spite of any downside, which I think is small, the ability to create and share user generated content world-wide is a stunning human development that rivals the printing press, the steam engine and the telephone. YouTube alone, might be one of the greatest inventions of the last 100 years. The granularity of the content is better than any printed encyclopedia. SM in the broadest sense is intensifying development in both the arts and sciences. And that happens irrespective of the "noise". The signal beneath is enormous. In the past two days I was studying TI's Overture chips, and I learned more in those two days about that specific amplifier topology than was possible in 6-months in say 1980, when I worked at ADC with a department of 15 engineers, and we used to send off for AES papers, go to the library at the University, and travel to conferences. For creators, they could hardly have any complaints today. The noise can be ignored.

Social media can be a real time vacuum, but I agree with Mark. The Internet good outweighs the bad. Only on a forum like this could we see the amazing work Arash is doing in Iran.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1

But that might evoke intimations of hubris masquerading as false pomposity, which, of course, should never be associated with myself.

No one here would accuse you of false pomposity.

Certainly not I.   B)

• Like 2