2 way active with sub out

The Dude

Any recommendations for an active crossover that has 2 way stereo with sub out.  ETC6849 is in town and wants to hear a horn loaded sub.  Plus I want to give my spud a work out, along with ttls.  The only way I could do this, is to replace my dsp2x4 with something that will have sub out.  Something digital would be great, but if someone was willing to help me setup an analog  that would work to.

Thanks

Duder

Don't know if this will help....

My intentions are to use a Dx38 as I have a second one not being used.  Looking to take the parallel out of the main unit and take that to the input of the second unit.

Other than the wife saying it'll be over her dead body that I drag the two Danley's into the room, it seems to work dandy.

:unsure:

Other than the wife saying it'll be over her dead body that I drag the two Danley's into the room

Again you need to work on that, to earn your man card back.

it seems to work dandy.
Looking to take the parallel out of the main unit and take that to the input of the second unit.

So basically you are piggy backing ev dx38 b to ev dx38 a to processes your subs that you can't move into your room.  So what I would do is come up with another 2x4 active to piggy back off of the minidsp I am using. Which I can't actually do, so I would have to find an active that has parallel output to piggy back the minidsp to. 

I was considering picking up a Behringer DCX2496. I have heard mix reviews about them, from what I have gathered it depends what you are doing with it.  For now I would be using it for what I started the thread on.  But eventually I will move it to center channel, and surround speaker duty.  I guess what am I getting at, is will they do 2 way active with sub out.  I mean the 2 way stereo shouldn't be a problem, but could I use the other outs for subs.  If anyone that has any experience with this, could chime in that would be great. 

Thanks

See http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/237603-dcx2496-upgrade-board-objectively-tackling-improvement-stock-dcx2496.html for the bottom line on the DCX2496 performance.  If you are using it for sub use only, I'd actually recommend the "LE" version, which is the same unit without the AES/EBU inputs, but cheaper.

If you are thinking about the Behringer for something other than sub use, I'd actually recommend holding out for something better on the used marketplace like EV, Yamaha, Ashly Protea, Xilica, etc.

See http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/237603-dcx2496-upgrade-board-objectively-tackling-improvement-stock-dcx2496.html for the bottom line on the DCX2496 performance.  If you are using it for sub use only, I'd actually recommend the "LE" version, which is the same unit without the AES/EBU inputs, but cheaper.

If you are thinking about the Behringer for something other than sub use, I'd actually recommend holding out for something better on the used marketplace like EV, Yamaha, Ashly Protea, Xilica, etc.

That is a lot of info, thanks for posting.  I think if I was up to the task it looks as if it could be rebuilt to be a decent piece.  But yes, when all said and done I would pefer to use something from EV for the end result.

Thanks for posting.