J-River "skipping"

Jim

Once downloaded

open EAC by clicking on the desktop shortcut that should have been created with download

next insert disc you wish to rip

once some info shows up in the text field, give it a glance and see if it matches the disc if so great.  If not above the text is a pic of a disc with a red + on it click on that and it will bring up optional disc information choices pick the correct disc you are ripping

you will want to set the encoder to use FLAC so press your F-11 Key and a window will pop up, click on external compression tab, then select the file type you want under user defined tab heres a screen shot of my encoder pane 

post-14548-0-30200000-1422664362_thumb.p

now click on cmp (a small pic to the left looks like a drive with the letters cmp on it), this should bring up a pane that allows you to choose where you want to store the newly ripped files

if you rip a disc with 10 songs it will store as 10 files in you destination chosen, what I do is go to my destination and create a new folder and give it the name of the album, then drag and drop the 10 files into that folder, Then you can drag and drop that folder into jriver

(note that if your disc brought up album are when ripped there will be 11 files, 10 songs and 1 art work drop them all into your folder

I choose to keep all my music in album form, if you dont care about album form then you can skip making a folder to put the files in

Now play around and see how much more you can figure out and share with me.  I am Positive there are easier ways to use EAC but this worked for me so far

Edited by joessportster

That's what I'm using right now. I may load it onto another computer just to be able to rip 2 computers at once.

Now if I can only find that thread we spoke on about converting the .wav/wma files to flac so I can convert the other files for ease on JRiver

That's what I'm using right now. I may load it onto another computer just to be able to rip 2 computers at once.

Now if I can only find that thread we spoke on about converting the .wav/wma files to flac so I can convert the other files for ease on JRiver

You can convert them using Jriver, or I use nch software SWITCH it is not free though, I will post a short how to with river here in a minute

Jriver converter works pretty easily

add files to library as they are (drag and drop )

click on (highlight) the album you want to convert

go to tools at top of page click on it

in drop down menu choose advanced tools

now choose convert format, that will bring up a box (same place rip box would show up)

post-14548-0-57760000-1422726229_thumb.p

after you have your destination and codec setup hit the convert tab and in a few short seconds you will now have a flac file.  You can keep the original and the flac or you can erase the original as part of the process